The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for this post. For more more recipe ideas visit Spring Into Flavor with Alexia. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries are made into a cheesy waffle and topped with a baked Chipotle Seasoned Chicken Tender, buried in Cilantro Lime Gravy. A quick and easy dinner to put on your table that will make your family feel like you've treated them to dinner out!
Sometimes I really can get in a rut when it comes to dinner and usually with a good reason: I'm super busy all the time. I am on the go from the moment I wake up until the moment I lie down to go to sleep at night. This sometimes makes for some pretty boring dinners on work nights. Alexia Sweet Potato Fries can help make my weeknights so much easier! The high quality and versatility of the Alexia products not only give me peace of mind but allow me to go outside of the box to create recipes that are tasty!
I was racking my brain what I wanted to make for dinner on my way home one evening and decided to make a pit-stop at Walmart to grab something that would be quick to put together. I saw the Alexia product and the Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries and became inspired with the recipe I am sharing with you today! I went with a "gravy" made with nonfat Greek yogurt, a small amount of honey and fresh cilantro. The perfect cooling match for the spicy fries and chicken tenders. (I also came home with a bag of onion rings and regular sweet potato fries!)
I got busy as soon as I got home and started putting everything together. Watch the step by step slideshow below to see how easy it was and then grab the recipe below to make this yourself!
This turned out to be a super delicious meal and one I will definitely make again. If you are looking for more mealtime inspiration, be sure to follow Alexia on Facebook and Pinterest!
What would these fries do to inspire you to get creative? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Chipotle Chicken and Waffled Fries with Cilantro Lime Gravy
- For the waffles:
- 1/2 bag Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg white, beaten
- For the chicken:
- 1 lb chicken tenders, each tender cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- cooking spray
- For the Cilantro Lime Gravy:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 1 lime
- Prep your fries by chopping them into smaller pieces and tossing in a large mixing bowl with the beaten egg and cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place breadcrumbs, panko, paprika, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Next, place the egg, honey, and lime juice in another mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then dip in breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat. Place on baking stone or cookie sheet. (If using cookie sheet, be sure to spray with non-stick cooking spray first). Spray top of chicken pieces with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken at 425 for 10 minutes. Flip pieces over and bake 3-4 minutes more.
- While chicken is baking, mix your gravy together in a food processor. Add cilantro, lime juice, Greek yogurt, and honey. Process for 1 minute or less until gravy is well combined.
- Scoop some of the fry mixture onto a hot waffle iron that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Close lid and let cook 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Assemble meal by placing waffle on a plate, top with a piece or two of chicken and a spoonful of the Cilantro Lime Gravy. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Total time: 32 mins.
Tags: Alexia Spicy Chipotle Fries, all natural, chicken, chipotle, SoFab, dinner, quick and easy, cilantro, lime, greek yogurt, honey