This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
A chocolate baked doughnut enhanced with McCafe Colombian Coffee and then dipped in a chocolate mocha glaze for that double chocolate mocha effect creating a drool worthy treat to enjoy with your morning cup!
Do you have a friend who will do anything to help you out no matter what? Are you that kind of friend? I have to admit that I am probably one of those lucky people who has a friend like that. I met her when we first moved to Albany 4-1/2 years ago and have been best of friends ever since. Because of the time of day that we would meet up, I must admit, that we have always been the friends who have a glass of wine together, but, if I didn't have to get up and go to the office on a daily basis, I bet we would have been that morning cup of coffee friends too because we both love our coffee! Jill faithfully babysits our three kitties whenever Grumpy and I have to be away from home for more than a full day. She talks to them like they are her own kitties and I know she gives them a lot of treats and they certainly love her right back! Because Jill is so special to us, I decided that I was going to treat her to doughnuts and some McCafe Coffe.
The McCafe Coffee also comes in coffee pods which would be my choice for my friend Jill's gift! Because Jill loves our kitties so much and is such a great friend for taking care of them for us, I thought it would be great to put together a gift basket that included some McCafe Coffee Pods for her the next time we visited.
|I found my McCafe Coffee in the same aisle you would find the tea, hot cocoa and creamer at my local Wal-Mart.|
After I came home with my coffee the first thing I thought of was doughnuts! I absolutely love my Mom's Fry Cakes but because I don't care to deep fry too often, I tend to bake my doughnuts. I started thinking dark chocolate baked doughnuts enhanced with the Colombian coffee I had just bought. I also thought about how dark and delicious Nanny's Mayonnaise Cake was and how I could perhaps make some baked doughnuts that combined the coffee and mayonnaise with the chocolate to get this wonderful deep, dark chocolate doughnut. I am very happy to say that I succeeded and the result was exactly what I was looking for and perfect to go with that cup of McCafe Coffee!
Watch this pretty cool animation of my process in making the doughnuts!
What would you do for your best friend who would go above and beyond to do something for you?
Baked Chocolate Mocha Doughnuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons brewed McCafe Colombian Coffee
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray a doughnut baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour through salt together to combine. Add milk, mayonnaise, coffee, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fill each doughnut cavity 1/2 full with batter and bake 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool doughnuts in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
- Assemble glaze by stirring together coffee, milk, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and of dipping consistency. Add more powdered sugar or milk as needed.
- Dip doughnuts top half in glaze then sit back on cookie rack to allow to dry. Top with sprinkles if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 29 mins.
Tags: chocolate, coffee, doughnuts, baking, dessert, snack, breakfast, brunch, mocha