Ok, so some of you may think I’m taking it too far by calling tofu yummy, but really it is! Grumpy thinks I’m crazy because I eat tofu. Well, he thinks I’m crazy for taking pictures of my food too but I’m not!
So, in my early adult years I didn’t cook with Tofu myself, but my mom did and I loved every bit of everything she ever made with it! Scrambled Tofu, Tofu Burgers, Tofu Cheesecake, and Tofu Greek Salad. My favorite of all of these are the tofu burgers and the scrambled tofu, and the tofu greek salad, oh heck, all of them are my favorites!
My mouth just waters thinking about these tofu burgers and I wish I had one for dinner tonight! If you look closely, you can see the flecks of onion and carrot that help to make this burger so yummy!Here is how I make them:
- 1-1/2 cup blended tofu (I use firm silken tofu)
- 1 scant cup oats
- 1 scant cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ - ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons McKay's chicken seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- Saute onion and carrots in margarine until tender. Blend with remaining ingredients. Form into patties. Fry patties in small amount of olive oil until browned and warm thru. Enjoy these as is or in a bun as a burger! I even love these cold!