1. I am 44 years old and am married to a 36 year old. Ten years ago I would NOT have admitted that, but as I get older, eh, it seems kind of a compliment to me! : )
2. I am addicted to reading recipes. It doesn't matter if it is online or a cookbook (however, since the purchase of my laptop, it is mostly online now! My cookbooks are getting a little bit dusty!)
3. My husband and I will be taking our first ever "real" vacation together since we have been together (8 years) and we will be going to Maine! This will be a much needed vacation as we will be taking it right after my oldest son's wedding in July! Look out Lobster, here we come!
4. I volunteer 3-4 weekends a year for Caring for You and Especially for You. These are non-profit counseling weekends for women who have been thru divorce and abusive marriages (CFY) and for women who have been abused (EFY). I have done this for 18 years now. I am the "cook" for the weekend and it is my way of continuing my healing by helping others.
5. I never used to be a cat lover. I grew up in a home with Beagles. Since meeting Grumpy, we have had 4 cats (one passed away a year ago). I have become very attached to all these cats and they are just like my children (and they are probably more spoiled than my children!). I really want a beagle though....I love them too....but Grumpy won't allow it....yet anyway ;-)
I am tagging these nice bloggers:
Carrie of Vegetarian Deliciousness
Julia of A Slice of Cherry Pie
Brooke of ...and a cookie for dessert
Michelle of Baking Buddies
Amber of Amber's Delectable Delights
The rules for the meme:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post, and list their names to link to them.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.