I have Val, from More than Burnt Toast to send a thank you to today! She has awarded me with the Arte y Pico Award.
As a recipient of this award we are asked to carry on the tradition and give it to 5 deserving bloggers. It is hard to choose only 5 people we feel this award should go to!
1)You pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award with their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the ward itself.
4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico“blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.
I am granting this award to the following:
1. Tony Tahhan of Olive Juice. This is one creative blogger! My favorite post so far is the one where he did the “Brady Bunch” squares. I loved it! Not to mention, he has some creative recipe ideas and his food looks excellent!
2. Vicky LeBlanc of Frenchy Addict. She has great photos and I love reading of her adventures! Oh! and today is her anniversary! You should pop into her blog and wish her a happy one!
3. Ally of Culinary Infatuation. I love her blog and her recipes and photos look so good all the time! She is on my list of favorite blogs to check out on a regular basis!
4. SaraLynn of the Happy Baker. Sara hasn’t been able to post for a while and I really miss her! She has 3 different blogs she keeps up! I am anxious for her to come back to blogland!
5. Donna at Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases. She recently put up a very creative blog on what to get her for mother’s day! I wish I had thought of it first!
Now – on to my granola posting!
During one of my Tastespotting browsing days I came across the blog of Lisa over at Pittsburgh needs Eated. She had made Madhur Jaffrey’s Granola and the photo of her granola caught my eye. I read on about how she feels there are 3 categories of granola. They would be: Cereal, Candy, and not granola! Well, I am one of the people who falls into liking the category of candy granola! No suprise? LOL. I like crunchy, sweet, and chewy foods. Naturally, the candy granola falls into that line!
I went to a little private school in the fingerlake region of New York state. At this school, we had a cafeteria lady, Mrs. C., who was a wonderful woman who took all the young ones who worked for her under her wing and made you feel really special! She used to make a granola that I just loved and I have been on the search for a granola just like hers. So, when I saw this recipe for the candy type of granola, I bit! :-p Lisa had a link to an earlier post she had with a recipe for Foster’s Homemade Granola. I decided I had to try it so I could have some crunchy sweet yummy granola to top off my morning Stonyfield vanilla yogurt with! The recipe is awesome and I am keeping this around! It calls for maple syrup and honey as the sweetener and I had just gotten some light amber syrup from my cousin so I couldn’t wait to try it! I want to thank Lisa for posting the recipe and her photos! I would post the recipe, but I think you should hop on over to Lisa’s blog to check it out instead!