Did I mention I love berries?

This morning at 6:30 AM I left my house to go blueberry picking with my dad. My parent’s have gone quite a few times the last couple of weeks and I kept hearing about how great and inexpensive they were. So, last night I talked to dad and he said he would go with me. We picked about 12 quarts in two hours. It was slow picking because they had so many people there the day before so many of the berries in clumps were gone – however, we did find quite a few down low! I’m pretty happy I got these berries! Now I have quite a few in my freezer for when I want to make something as delicious as the Blueberry Poundcake, Blueberry Coffeecake, Red, White & Blueberry Pie, Blueberry Blintzes or Blueberry Muffins!

So, I can honestly say I am in berry heaven because not only did I come home with blueberries today, I came home with my first quart of mom & dad’s first batch of red raspberries. Just look at that photo below, aren’t those berries beautiful?!!

Absolutely perfect berries. Unflawed, no pesticides, and purely sweet & delicious! I used these raspberries today in something special you will see in the next couple of weeks!

I am anxious for more produce to be coming from gardens over the next few weeks. This is about my favorite time of year!

Comments

HOLY MOLY!!! That’s a whole lot of blueberries : ) Blueberries are my favorite fruit and I especially love turning them into smoothies. I had fun looking through the blueberry treats you’ve made in the past… I can’t wait to see what you do with these!

What beautiful berries! Nothing beats fresh picked berries. Beautiful pics. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for the raspberries. :)

I just found your blog and I love the pictures! All these berries are making my mouth water! I am sure I will try out a lot of your recipes and visit your blog often!!

Oh YUM!!! I LOVE blueberry picking! It is def. my favorite!
    I just came over from Picky Palate…I saw she linked you there. Your blog is awesome! I’ll be back to visit again!

Exciting. My parents went blueberry picking yesterday (I couldn’t make it…) and ended up with almost 40 lbs! I’m gonna head home to pick some of them up (and visit them!)… and I can’t wait!

How fun!!! This is going to sound crazy, but I have been adding blueberries to my green salads & everyoe LOVES them. Romaine, feta, avocado, almond slices, blueberries tossed with a light oil & vinegar dressing – yummy. I'm so jealous – I keep going to the store to buy these. They disappear so quickly.

xoxox Amy