Rhubarb continues to be a favorite in my family. As a matter of fact, that is what Justin requested for his birthday “dessert” from me!
Last evening, after looking through Justin & Kristina’s wedding photos, we all went to the kitchen to have some of Justin’s birthday pie. That is Justin up above enjoying his pie!
After they were done eating pie, Justin & Chris were doing their “crazy faces” at each other, and I caught them in perfect action! Check them out below! LOL, my goodness, do I ever love those kids!
Thank you to everyone who left Justin a happy birthday message. He does read the blog (as does Chris!). And I am sure he read every well wish!
Rhubarb Crumble Pie
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Prepare pie crust and form in pie pan. I use Pillsbury’s Ready Prepared Pie Crusts. They taste delicious and are easy!
- Mix rhubarb, sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Fold in beaten egg. Pour into unbaked piecrust. Set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, and melted butter. Crumble over top of pie.
- Place in 400 degree oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: pie, rhubarb, baking