I’m Powerless on TWD

Yes, we lost our power about 4 AM Monday. The radio this morning is telling us it was remnants of Hurricane Ike. Well, we not only lost our power but our patio table and a window from a door that we had removed (fortunately). Needless to say, I got the glass on the back patio cleaned, but the table top, well that glass just shattered into pieces. I have no idea how we will clean that from the lawn. We still have no power this morning. This makes 29 hours with no power to our home. We ran the generator last evening just to keep the freezer and fridge running. Thankfully, Justin & Kristina, who live about 2 miles from us, have power and they have been nice enough to let us use their shower facilities and get water to flush our toilet! This should ease the minds of those worried I might not have shower facilities! 😀

I did check our report from the power company and this is what they tell me:

Outage Details:

• Our records indicate an outage began on Monday, 09/15/2008 at 4:38 AM in your area.
  • Restoration Estimate: Tuesday, 09/16/2008 at 6:00 PM

SIGH. So probably no power until after I’m home already. I’ll be replacing my fridge food I am sure. Thank goodness for work internet! ha ha. At least I can post my TWD photos…..

I did make the cookie last week and took it to seminar on Friday. The cookie is the ugliest cookie (many turd-like references were made about how it looked) but it tasted awesome! For the recipe you can check Claudia from Fool For Food, she choose the recipe and even though it is ugly, I am glad she did! The few that were left over from seminar were left at my son’s work place and he came home with an empty container! Thanks Claudia!

Comments

Oh man, I’m so feeling for you right now. We lost power for five days once during Hurricane Isabel, and I was downright nutty by the end of it. So I’m pulling for you. And I’m very happy that nothing worse happened. My thoughts are with you and your family.

That’s too bad! I hope your power does come back when they say it should, if not sooner. And you know, sometimes the ugliest foods do end up tasting the awesomest!

Ugh — sorry about the power! We live in storm alley and have been there many times; I feel your pain. Your cookies look great, though! Glad they were a hit!

I remember when we lost power here last year for several days. If you called the power company they said to check the net for updates…EXCEPT we had no power SO NO INTERNET! Idiots.

I am so sorry about your power outage and broken glass… not fun! These cookies don’t look ugly – they look rich and delicous! Hope your power is back soon.

Stinks that you lost your power! And I gave an out loud “oh crap!” reading that you had broken glass in your lawn. What a mess!

the cookies do look a little turd-like, but if it’s chocolate, I’m there!

I feel your pain. I am in Ohio and had NO idea Ike was going to come through so strong. We have power (we went 22 hrs without) but plenty still do not.

*I* think the cookies look awesome–I think anything that chocolate looks awesome!

Wow, that’s a long time without power. But the cookies look awesome (or like they would taste awesome..and if that’s the case who cares what they look like??)