Do you know the muffin Buzzy?

No? Yes you do! It’s…..me! You all are so kind to call me HoneyB. I love you all for it. However, it is time to confess. Grumpy does not call me Honey. He calls me his version of Honey…let me explain. Its short, I promise! :) Grumpy is a little younger than me. He is also quite the aggravator and joker. So, he thought it was funny to tell me I was an “old buzzard”, or that I was “older than dirt.” Eh, I don’t mind so much and “old buzzard” has turned into Buzzy. Yes, Buzzy, which is his version of Honey. I’m his Buzzy and he’s my Grumpy. I won’t tell you the name of our cats, however, some of you who know me well, know they aren’t extremely kosher names. I am the one who gives them decent names because there is no way I would take the cat to the vet and say what the “real” name was! Grumpy’s terms for endearment aren’t really endearing – unless you really know him. So, although Grumpy calls me Buzzy he is a keeper. I wouldn’t want it any other way. As a matter of fact, whenever he calls me anything but Buzzy I get slightly upset and want to know why!! (This doesn’t give my co-workers permission to call me Buzzy – you know who you are….) LOL

Well, on to the muffin I made for Tuesdays with Dorie. This muffin, like my Grumpy, is a definite keeper! It was right up my alley. For one, it was a muffin and secondly, it was Pumpkin! For this week’s Tuesday with Dorie recipe, Kelly of Sounding My Barbaric Gulp chose Pumpkin Muffins on page 13. I have found my definite go to pumpkin muffin from now on. Those pumpkin ones I made with chocolate chips? Well, they don’t hold a candle next to these. These are awesome! I got up early last Sunday morning and had them all mixed and in the oven before Chris came downstairs. The first words out of his mouth were, “what smells so good?” Oh, don’t we all love to hear that phrase? :)

I sent Chris on his way to work and then made Grumpy some bacon and told him that the muffins and bacon were breakfast. He agreed, they were pretty darn good!

I made some substitutions. Because I am cutting the sugar in my life down, I substituted both Splenda and Splenda Brown Sugar blend for the sugars. That is the major substitution I made. I was a little bit worried it might make a difference, but I really don’t think it did. I didn’t have raw sunflower seeds, but I did have roasted unsalted ones, so I used those instead.

I ate mine with some spiced peach jam that my friend Phyllis made and she had given to me the last time I was at her home. The muffin and jam together were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! To have a look see at what other muffins were produced from this recipe, check out the TWD Blogroll & enjoy!

Comments

what a great post! i always know trouble is brewing when my husband calls me by my real name instead of by my nickname, which is pete. gorgeous muffins!

Oh your spicey jam looks so good I want to hop on over and have a muffin with that on it! Buzzy, eh? Cute. My DH calls me spanky. It’s because I call him yankee. What would we do with them! Your muffins look wonderful as always.

What an adorable nickname! I’m older than my Mr. P as well. By two years in fact. Thankfully he hasn’t thought of any nicknames for me yet. :-) I’d be very afraid to see what he comes up with. After seeing your cupcakes I need to go make something with pumpkin!

I love your story! I always know that I am in trouble when my hubs calls me by my real name! Your muffins look gorgeous! You are right — there are no better words in the English language than “what smells so good?” Glad that these were a hit with you and your family!

Beautiful photos! Thanks for letting us know how the sugar substitution went – I really should cut down on sugar too, but it’s always a little shaky when you put subs. in baked goods. Glad yours turned out so well!

ohhhh the picture with the spiced peach jam looks divine. i love that in the other picture you can see all the nooks and crannys of the muffin, mmmm makes me want another one!

You inspire me to do better. I want to try these muffins and I think I have some splenda. Thanks Buzzy, er, I mean HoneyB. :)
    Come on, tell me the cat’s names

Look how pretty your muffins are! And isn’t it great when you find a new ‘go to’ recipe from TWD? Wow, you’ve been cooking up a storm.
    Nancy

Love the cute nickname story. T has lots of inappropriate nicknames for me but I guess you have to have our sense of humor to understand. HAHA. Glad you and Mr. Buzzy liked the muffins :)
    Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Honey B! Holy Moly! Those pumpkin muffins look WOWSERS, especially with the jam. I need to check out your blog this weekend. I am going to add you to my blogroll, if you don’t mind. These pics are making me hungry. Thanks for turning me into a drool machine. 😉

Yummmm…spiced peach jam! Your muffins look wonderful. Rudy looks so comfortable, I am coming back as a cat in my next life! Thank you for visiting my blog!

Over the top…these are absolutely the best things I have seen with the pumpkin muffins…wow. Cute wrappers, too. The fruit spread looks so amazingly good on these…another go around is coming over me…yours look so inspiring!

I have got to find some spiced peach jam. What a great combination.

Your pictures are perfect! They really show off the texture and color of the muffins.

By the way, I love the story of your nickname!