Peanut Blossoms

I do not have a post for TWD today for the first time since I joined the group. We are not rice pudding eaters in our home so I skipped over on this one. I won’t be making next week’s choice either as we are not pumpkin and pecan pie mixer uppers. Well, I probably would be, but I have to feed more than just myself. :) I expect to be back on the ball with TWD once Thanksgiving is over with.

In the meantime, I decided I would share this cookie with you. As usual, I made these to please the Grumpy man in my life. Which is why they are made with hugs instead of kisses. He is more of a white chocolate person and the white part on the outside of the kiss is good enough to fool him. 😉 The photo is one I used as my header last year when I first started my blog. It sure has come a long way since then! Thank you to all of you you visit and comment and to those who visit and don’t comment! I’ll leave you with the recipe – a great addition to your Christmas cookie platter list!

Peanut Blossoms

48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

Comments

Delish! I love these, but have never made them with hugs. These are always on my Christmas baking list with red and green sprinkles.

Giveaway today on my blog… come see!

Skipping the rice pudding was smart. I wish I would’ve. Not a big fan… but I knew someone would eat it.
    I love peanut butter blossoms! And yours look so wonderful and lovely! I wish I could eat them over the internet!!!

Jeff loves these, too, and I know EXACTLY where you’re coming from with not wanting to make things that won’t get eaten. These cookies, on the other hand, wouldn’t last a night at our house. 😉

These look amazing!!! Too bad they don’t sell hugs or kisses here! But fortunately I’ll be able to stock up on them when I visit Canada next summer.

I chickened out and also skipped the rice pudding, but I will be making the raisin snails (can’t remember their correct name) as a rewind.

The hugs look great on the cookies, but I would have to make them with the regular kind. I don’t know why, but I just don’t “get” white chocolate…

I think I’ll be sitting out the twofer pie as well!

These are one of my family favorites. I started making these with my Mom and sis when I was just a little girl. Lots of great memories. YUM. Love the hugs!

I’ve made these cookies with Dove dark chocolate and they were amazing that way too. We’ll be making Dorie’s pie along with our usual favorite(s). Can never have too much pie!
    Nancy

OHH MY WORD. I have a thing for peanut butter for sure. Your cookies just look so chewy and tasty. I wonder if the recipe could be done without the shortening? Hmmmm…