I do not have a post for TWD today for the first time since I joined the group. We are not rice pudding eaters in our home so I skipped over on this one. I won’t be making next week’s choice either as we are not pumpkin and pecan pie mixer uppers. Well, I probably would be, but I have to feed more than just myself. 🙂 I expect to be back on the ball with TWD once Thanksgiving is over with.
In the meantime, I decided I would share this cookie with you. As usual, I made these to please the Grumpy man in my life. Which is why they are made with hugs instead of kisses. He is more of a white chocolate person and the white part on the outside of the kiss is good enough to fool him. 😉 The photo is one I used as my header last year when I first started my blog. It sure has come a long way since then! Thank you to all of you you visit and comment and to those who visit and don’t comment! I’ll leave you with the recipe – a great addition to your Christmas cookie platter list!
- Peanut Blossoms
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.