Short and sweet – here is the recipe. Very simple to put together and so very yummy!
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-6 oz package (1 cup) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 egg
- ½ to ¾ pound pastel cream mint kisses
- Stir together flour and baking soda. In a medium saucepan heat and stir brown sugar, butter, and water over low heat till butter is melted. Add chocolate pieces. Heat and stir till chocolate is melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl and let stand for 10 - 15 minutes or til cool.
- Beat egg into chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture till well mixed. Dough will be soft. Cover and chill for 1-2 hour or till easy to handle. (If you refrigerate overnight you will need to let dough sit on counter for about 30 minutes).
- Shape into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove and immediately top each cookie with a mint. Return to the oven and bake about 2 minutes more or till cookies are done. Swirl the melted mints with a knife to "frost" cookies. Remove and cool til mints are firm. Makes about 48.
Pin It – Chocolate Mint Creams