Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Earlier this week my friend Jessie of The Hungry Mouse posted about a Creamy Butternut Squash soup. I immediately knew I would be making it. It looked great! I loved that she roasted the squash, veggies and sage to give it that awesome flavor. I also happened to have a box of Progresso chicken broth that had been sent to me by one of my sponsors and I was wanting to put it to use. What better way than to make some creamy delicious soup? Besides, I felt I needed some pampering. I was in pain from my fall and wanted comfort.

The soup was delicious! Grumpy cleaned his bowl right up. The only thing that would have made the meal any better would have been if I had it in me to make one of Jessie’s rib recipes to go with. Jessie is great at making meals with meat (where I am not!) Grumpy would probably prefer to eat at her home every night! I was serving this with no meat and I heard “I would like some meat to go with that”. lol. I wanted to throw a hotdog at him and tell him to have at it. he he. But I didn’t. I know, I’m such a saint 😉 Instead I seared him some minute steaks with a little of the amazing taste seasoning to keep him quiet. After all, he did spend a good hour and half outside snow blowing the driveway….guess he deserved some meat with his soup.

Comments

Love the soup! But I have something more important to attend to..do you live near Alfred University and Alfred State???

Because the only Almond,NY I know of is near that..if so I live in Bath, NY…WOW we are so close! I thought no one else in Western, NY had taste buds I am so glad I was wrong!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

We have a lot of snow coming!

Christine

LMAO it must be a guy thing. My hubby says the same thing when I try to make a meatless meal. Its like they start twitching if something hadnt died to feed them :}
    Your soup looks pretty I am not a squash kinda girl so I will believe you when you say it was good!!

It does look good. I always fall back on a curried butternut squash soup — a family favorite. But, this looks good, particularly with all the vegetable roasting goin’ on.

I hope you’re feeling better! soup is always comforting and nutritious. Hurley is the same way when It comes to meat. A meal must have some kind of meat lol

Your soup looks wonderful! I have a couple of butternuts…maybe I'll make this soup tomorrow night. But if Grouchy asks for meat, I WILL throw a hot dog @ him. ;o)

I am for sure baking the eggnog thumbprints you posted today. If I don't bake anything at all this season (& I haven't yet!) it'll be those.

Sorry about your fall. How is your arm now?

Can you believe I’ve never tried Butternut Squash Soup? After recently discovering a yummy acorn squash-apple cider fondue recipe submitted by one of my InnSiders, I’ve begun reconsidering all things squash—soup is definitely on the list of squash recipes to try!

And he’ll be outside again today snowblowing the driveway. Stinkin’ storms!

Did you ever try making butternut squash bread? I told my older kids it was pumpkin bread, because they won’t eat something named “squash”, and 2 of the boys demolished it in about 2 hours. Butternut squash is such a wonderful ingredient!

Well, by golly! I’ve just earned you as a follower and I am TICKLED! Mostly because….YUMMMMMarooni. You’re blog rocks my socks off. You and I should be suga sisters and bake into the late eves every night!

I’m tickled to have you along and can’t wait to try out your goodies!

Happy Hollydays!