London Broil for Grumpy and my blogoversary!

That is Grumpy and I on Christmas day. He’s getting so used to having his photo taken that he can actually smile nice for the camera! It doesn’t come without a lot of complaining though! he he.

Things have been so hectic for Grumpy and I. We haven’t had a lot of “us” time over the last month. Between work and his mom’s strokes we were busy taking care of business and not busy taking care of us so it was nice to have Christmas Eve to ourselves.

Since I had the day off I did some last minute things but I also planned a nice meal for Grumpy and I to have together for Christmas Eve as it was going to be our last one together for a few days. At the writing of this post I am sitting on the bed in my brother’s guest room in Indianapolis! I am having mixed feelings about being here because right after I arrived my son Justin called to say Kristina had been taken to the ER and was having emergency surgery. She is doing well, but I wish I could be closer to her. When I get home I’ll be checking in and giving her some pampering and I really hope she is well enough for them to take their honeymoon next week.

If you’ve been reading my blog you know that I really do prefer to eat meatless, but because Grumpy is meat and potatoes, I am always trying to find something I can cook and cook well enough for him to be happy! I successfully made a london broil a few months back and decided that was what I would do special for our dinner. The marinade came from allrecipes.com. Now, I am also thinking of another special girl (Nicole S!) when posting this because I know she has been wanting to make london broil. I hope this helps you Nicole and that you and David enjoy the meal!

Savory Garlic Marinade
allrecipes.com
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 pinch cayenne pepper

In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.

Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.

I broiled it on high on about the 2nd rack from the top. It took about 7 minutes each side and I cooked the meat until it was an internal temp of 135 degrees. After sitting the meat temp would be about 140.

Comments

Happy blogoversary! I didn’t realize how many of us there are who started blogging this time last year. I’m glad to you and your husband got to have a nice quiet Christmas eve. The food looks great!

Enjoy your blogoversary! You’ve had such a busy and stressful couple of months…let’s hope that the new year calms down a bit so that you and Grumpy can enjoy more time together.

Congrats on one year! That’s so exciting! What an accomplishment. That’s just fabulous.

That meat looks super yummy. 😀 And Grumpy is just adorable. *ducks*

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

Happy Blogiversary! I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you better these last months. :)

Your dinner looks delicious, and I’m so happy that you and Grumpy got some together time.

Sending good thoughts for Kristina, too!

That’s a great meal you chose for you dinner date with hubby, I’m sure he enjoyed it. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will give you more time together!

Happy 1-year HoneyB! I know how it is to get the “guys” smiling. My brothers are um, lets say, kinda uncooperative. =) do you ever go to colts games while in indy?

happy b-day to your son…cute pictures!

Hey Shelby,
    Sorry about Grumpy's mom's strokes & the emergency surgery thing. What a month you've had! Hope things get better real soon for you all! Hope you had a great Christmas & will have a happy New Year! I'll catch back up with ya in 2009!

Greetings from South Africa. I came across your blog via Facebook. I saw you joined my blog network, which I’m glad you did, or I would not have come across yours :)

You have a lovely blog, will add you to my Google Reader.

Cheers
    Nafisa

Happy blogoversary! I can’t believe I missed it! You know how much I love your blog, but it can’t hurt to say it again! You rock, Shelby!!!!

I’m sure Grumpy was one happy guy with that delicious London broil!