Stuffed Mushrooms

There is my little Rudy Rut-ton. He loves his momma! He misses her too! I’ve been chatting with Grumpy tonight and he has been informing me what a pest Rudy is being. Basically because I’m not home for him to pester! As soon as I sit he’s right there climbing all over me and trying to lick my face. I definitely have to stop him there because I really don’t care for wet kitty kisses! So, since I am not home, Grumpy is the lucky recipient of all the attention! I am sure both Rudy and Grumpy will be happy to have me home on Wednesday!

I had been craving stuffed mushrooms and when I saw the medium sized portabello mushrooms in the grocery I knew it was time to make them! These were the side I made to go with Grumpy’s london broil for Christmas Eve!

These were also my favorite part of the meal. I really don’t have a “recipe” per say so I am going to guesstimate what I did.

HoneyB’s Stuffed Mushroom’s

1. Wipe 10 medium portabello mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean.
  2. Remove the stems and dice. Dice one mushroom and add to stems. Saute in 4 Tablespoons butter with 1/2 diced onion. When softened, add 1 cup dried seasoned breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese and enough sour cream (I always use about 2 tablespoons light sour cream)to moisten.
  3. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon stuffing into mushroom, packing well. Place in 375 degree oven and bake approximately 25-30 minutes.

Comments

Rudy and Grumpy are probably both missing you these days. I have seen stuffed portabellos out there especially barbecued in the summer but have yet to try them. Thanks for the reminder:D

oh not the stuffed mushrooms! I’m testing a stuffed mushroom for a vegan cookbook and the recipe hasn’t worked after 3 times!

So I’m a bit down on them :)

But yours look good!

I love the look of the dark portabello. It really adds a nice contrast and is much more appealing than the stuffed mushrooms I’ve made with button mushrooms. I’ll definitely be making these. Happy New Year!

The London broil looked great but the mushroom looks even better. I’ve been craving stuffed mushrooms as well but they got dropped from an overful holiday menu. I’ve never used sour cream in mine and have to try your method soon.

I can just picture Rudy trying to leap up on your husband’s shoulder to give him kitty kisses!

Stuffed mushrooms are my favorite. I like the addition of the sour cream. It sounds delicious. I could make a meal out of these and a glass of wine!

These look wonderful. On my list for our next bash!
    And that kitty picture….I love it! My own little Cassie is a lover like that too!