Buffalo Chicken Sausage Panini

I was going to be a “chicken” and not post about this because I didn’t like how the photos turned out. BUT this sandwich turned out SO GOOD I decided I had to share it with you. Please excuse my inept ability to photograph panini as beautifully as Panini Kathy! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yesterday I told you how Grumpy told me I couldn’t cook chicken anymore? Well, I truly don’t understand it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Really! Everything I made, he ate and liked! Especially the Buffalo Chicken Sausage Paninis!

I was floundering again and hadn’t a clue what I wanted to make. I went to my kitchen freezer and checked out the sausages. I had some Buffalo Chicken Sausages. Of course, I think of the Buffalo Chicken Panini I found on Panini Happy and how much I LOVED them. So, I pulled them out and cooked the sausages….to make Buffalo Chicken Sausage Panini!

When Grumpy walked in the house the first words out of his mouth were “what smells so good”. HAHA. I will definitely buy these sausages again – and maybe make some sort of pasta dish with them!

Buffalo Chicken Sausage Panini

1 package Buffalo Chicken Sausage
Ken’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing (If I had crumbly blue cheese – I would have used that, but this worked great too!)
Red Hot Sauce
Caramelized onions
Mozzarella Cheese
Ciabatta buns

Cook sausages until they are done. When cooled slightly, slice sausages in half, then in half again.

While sausages are cooking, heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat and saute onions for 13 minutes until soft. Stir in some brown sugar and saute for another 10 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Set aside.

To assemble:
On ciabatta bun place in the following order:

• caramelized onions,
  • blue cheese
  • chicken sausages
  • sprinkle red hot sauce to taste
  • mozzeralla cheese
  • top layer of bun

Place in panini press and cook! Delicious!

Comments

If Grumpy is tired of what you are making, I'll come over and eat his portion! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Love how you went into the freezer & pantry to put this together. I'm working on doing that more.

Wow this really sounds (and looks)so good !! I’m sure I’ll never find those sausage but maybe you coul tell me what is there other than chicken !

Thanks ladies!

Barbara – I was thinking of you when I posted this ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fiona & Patsyk – I think Grumpy wouldn't have given this sandwich up. I think he just likes to COMPLAIN. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I find myself just pulling things out of the freezer and cupboards lately because I don't have time to actually PLAN. Sigh.

Oh man, I’ll bet these were great! I’ve seen buffalo chix sausages, but have never bought them before. Thanks for the tip! ๐Ÿ˜€

+Jessie
    a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

I’ve never had chicken sausage before. Your photo looks fine and the sandwich looks tempting. Sandwiches don’t need to look perfect, in fact, the messier sandwiches usually taste the best!

Your photos look great. I wouldn’t say if they weren’t. I always wonder what people think about mine if they think theirs aren’t quite up to par ’cause mine aren’t nice as yours that’s for sure!
    ~ingrid

Oh my, these look great. Not only would the hubby like them, but my teenagers would too!

I think all your chicken recipes look fabulous! I had a “oh no” moment too with an ingredient I would have sworn I had on hand. I wasn’t as creative as you – I ran to the store and then we didn’t eat until after 7. Next time I’m following your lead…

I’m so glad you DID decide to post – the photos look great! Some recipes just aren’t as photogenic but I think you captured the essence of the dish :)