Easy Chicken Potpie

Its snowing outside right now. Snow is coming down quite good and it is supposed to continue….we have 6-12″ in the forecast! What better time than to think of something warm and comforting for dinner? Not to mention, quick and easy!

This is one of my go to meals when I need to think of something quick that will please Grumpy. Have you all figured out that I am pretty easy to please for the most part? ;o) I found this recipe in a Light & Tasty about 3 years ago (along with a hot fudge pudding cake that we love too!).

Chicken Pot Pie
Light & Tasty

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup fat-free milk, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (I only use 1 bag – 2 bags is way too much!)
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix

In a large bowl, combine the soups, 1/2 cup milk, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir in vegetables and chicken.

Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir biscuit mix and remaining milk just until blended. Drop by 12 rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.

Yield: 6 servings.

Comments

Looks yummy and easy to make.
    I just made chicken pot pie on Monday! We are getting hit here as well they just changed the amounts from 6-10 to 7-11 inches of snow!
    And me with no snow boots :(

A great meal for winter but sooo delicious for all the year; I’m in summer and with this chicken pie full of flavours and the sweet treats like your brownies, I’ve several days of dishes planned!! Thanks you Shelby!! :))

This looks delicious. Husband will love the biscuits and I am going to make this over the weekend.
    Aren’t you just so ready for winter to end? We are getting so much snow, with sleet to follow!

Perfect meal for a cold winters day. Its freezing here. I just got back from the gym and it was 6 * out there…brrrr..I just want to turn on the fire and sit in front of it all day.

I love pot pies, especially homemade ones that look this good.
    The snow is still coming down quite good. I have already been out to shovel, I’m sure I will have to back out again soon.

I love the biscuit top, it looks soft and flaky a perfect paring with the vegetables and chicken. This is truly a comfort meal to have on a snow day!

I LOVE pot pie… this looks so rich, delicious and comforting without all the guilt.

By the way, I want to eat at your house too. :)

I love chicken pot pie. I make a version of this except I make a casserole with noodles instead of the biscuits on top. This looks delicious. I'll try the variation and see what the dh thinks. :>)

Shelby – once again you have made something that just says “comfort food” to me! And a homemade potpie has to be so much better than those frozen one’s I grew up with.

Pot pie is one of my favourites. As a kid I loved the nasty swansons pies I could bake myself in the toaster oven. Now I make them either with tofu, or without and just add extra taters – still so good! Your photos are just great!