Grumpy’s “thing”

Grumpy has a “thing” for chewy cookies. He also has a “thing” for white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I have a “thing” for my Grumpy. he he. I couldn’t resist that!

A lot of us have been looking at lighter recipes to get rid of extra poundage and still be happy and satisfied with what we are eating. It is no secret that I love Cooking Light recipes. They can be very tasty while not killing the calorie/fat count! I made it knowing it would be chewy and yummy just by reading the ingredients! I also knew it would make my Grumpy a very happy man, for a while anyway ;o).

Coconut-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cooking Light, December 2000

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup regular oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup golden raisins (I use white chocolate chips instead)
1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons honey
Cooking spray (I line with parchment paper instead as these can be sticky!)

Preheat oven to 325°.Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients (flour through baking soda). Combine butter, water, and honey, stirring well to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring until well-blended. Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan, and cool on wire racks.Serving size: 1 cookie
Per cookie: 90 calories, 2 grams fat, .5 grams fiber
WW Points: 2

Comments

The picture looks yummy. Sadly, I don’t like a few of the ingredients. =) But it’s fun to play around with cookies and add different things.

The first white chocolate-macadamia cookies I had were Mrs. Field’s and I’ve been using that recipe. But seeing the nutrition info for this, I’m making the switch! Thanks for posting those numbers!

Ummm…White chocolate and macadamia nuts are one of the best things in the world together and in a chewy cookie I can only imagine how great they taste.

Yours look a bit better than the light cookies I made yesterday – I think you do need that bit of fat for them to not be all rubbery. Anyway, those do look delicious.

gosh those cookies look good, can’t figure if it’s the photography or the cooking. I know this i’ve gain a pound just looking. Love your blog, visit some time and leave a note. Thanks Stu and Marilyn

OH bless you HoneyB !!! I’ve recently joined WW@home and have been counting points… This is awesome!!! Muahhhhhh (me kissing you on the forehead).

This bookmark goes under the ‘I have to try’ label. White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies are my favorite and the coconut macadamia nut version sounds just as good! I like the use of the honey.

Love cookies that are chewy! I may make these (w/o the nuts – I’m weird that way) sometime soon. They look wonderful… are you sure they are from CL?

These look really good. I’m with agree with Grumpy I much prefer a chewy cookies to a crunchy one.
    Thanks for passing along the recipe.
    ~ingrid

It’s hard to believe these cookies are “light” because they look so decadent. Great recipe and your changes sound good.

So glad Grumpy is okay and sorry you had such a scare!

These look great, I’ve had a lot of luck with Cooking Light’s cookie recipes. Try their anzac biscuits for another good chewy cookie.

12. Melissa says

I was having a serious coconut-oatmeal cookie attack today, and try as I might, I almost never manage to get a cookie tossed together that quite does the trick. Today was the expection! With a little modification based on my particular craving and current kitchen arsenal (no nuts or raisens), I ended up with a chewy-on-the-inside and perfect ever-so-slightly crunchy goodness on the outside kind of creation. I doubled the recipe, with a lean towards more oats and less flour, and because I am a coconut junkie, I tripled the coconut, I used only 1.5 cups of brown sugar to avoid sweetness overkill. Added a teas vanilla and an additional 1/2 stick of butter to balance the additional dry ingredients,(I melted the butter due to impatience) and used the same cook times which worked great. Excellent! This one is going on the list of cookies to make for friends.