Fudgy Mocha Brownies

The brownie love that is! I admit it, I’m on a brownie kick. I don’t see anyone I’m feeding them to complaining! These brownies were fudgy and yummy! Even Grumpy liked these – and he normally won’t eat anything with toffee bits because he doesn’t like “crunchy”!

These brownies went to work and they were all gone before noon. I didn’t bother to move the box once it was empty and people kept coming in and looking in the box hoping for a brownie. I know, what a tease. I even had one faculty say that the box sitting there was her favorite box and she gets excited when she see’s it next to the coffee maker. I would have to say that the faculty and students in my department are not only well fed but spoiled rotten!

Since I posted my Junior Mint Brownies I have seen even more brownie posts popping up. Check them out for some more brownie ideas!

Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies by Patsyk (my Cooking Light baking buddy!)
Peanut-Butter Nutella Brownies by Cathy

1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup toffee chips

Preheat oven to 350º.
Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine coffee and hot water, stirring until coffee dissolves.
Combine butter and chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips. Bake at 350º for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
WW Points: 3

Calories: 145 (30% from fat)
Fat: 4.8g (sat 2.4g,mono 1.8g,poly 0.3g)
Protein: 2.2g
Carbohydrate: 24.9g
Fiber: 1.1g
Cholesterol: 30mg
Iron: 0.9mg
Sodium: 121mg
Calcium: 23mg

Comments

Thanks for the link love! :)

Those brownies look so rich and fudgey! I’m going to have to make this soon… hubby’s got poker on Friday, that may be my excuse! 😉

Hi Honey B- how many pieces do you cut these into to get a serving size of 3 WW points? 9? 12?

They look wonderful. I’m wondering how they would taste if you subbed half whole wheat flour. I’ve been experimenting w/ that lately!

Thanks for all the comments!

Lori – They should be cut into 20 pieces. Sorry, wish it was bigger, but really, they aren’t too small. I cut 4 lines one way, 5 lines the other direction.

Those look better than they did on myrecipes.com! Seriously MUCH better.

Yes, brownies seem to be popular right now. I’ve already posted one recipe and have a second in the works and just made a third that I haven’t even started writing about!

Brownies are no brainers… everyone usually likes if not loves ’em!
    ~ingrid

Mmmm. Rich, delicious and only 3 points. Gotta love that.

Why don’t you move to the West coast and we can start a catering business here?

I can almost taste these. I love coffee and chocolate. I will have to try a batch of these for work.

Glad you got your tickets!! This is exciting!

Your cooking light recipes are great!! Imagine their happiness upon spotting that box and the sadness on finding it’s empty. It must be the time of year for brownies cause I was craving a batch all day!

Wow, thanks for the link. But did I miss Jr. Mint brownies? I haven’t seen those and I know I have to have them. I will search your site…gee I’m pathetic!

Cathy, silly me, I should have put a link to the Jr. Mint Brownies…there is a link there now. I’m working on my labels and they will be up on my sidebar VERY SOON! You can also search the blog at the very top on the blogger bar. 😉

Ooh, yum. I really want to make brownies now. But it’s going to have to wait until after I make birthday cake and cupcakes (both chocolate).