Sliding along

I decided to skip today’s Tuesdays with Dorie. Basically because the recipe called for a heavy cream filled sponge cake and I knew I would not keep it away from my mouth! If your here looking for the Berry Surprise Cake you can find it on Mary Ann of Meet Me in the Kitchen‘s blog. You can also see the other TWD Baker’s post on this cake by going to our blogroll. If you have the Baking: From my home to yours book, the recipe is on pages 273-275. I will look forward to reading the post on the cake but will have to enjoy it that way only this week!

Instead I am going to post today my favorite kind of burger. A slider. The slider is the absolutely perfect sized burger – for me anyway! The first time I ever had a slider was when I went to Cheeseburger in Paradise. Yum, yum, yum. The last time I had a slider was right here at home. ;o). I live too far away from Cheeseburger in Paradise to eat there on a regular basis!

For this burger I did use the Amazing Taste seasoning packet. If we didn’t love it….I wouldn’t be mentioning it here! It was an awesome burger! Their recipe is below – I of course fixed it up my way with the fixings – and I made mine into sliders….but you can enjoy them any way you want to. Below is just a suggested way of making them!

Hearty American Burger
Amazing Taste Foods

1 1/2 lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 large red onion (sliced)
1 packet of Amazing Taste® for Burger
4 wedges of iceberg lettuce
1/3 cup chopped pickle
1 large tomato cut into slices
4 onion rolls (split)
4 slices of your favorite cheese (optional)

Shape beef into 4 (1/2 inch thick) patties. Evenly coat patties (both sides) with 1/2 Amazing Taste® packet. Set aside. Grill onion slices over medium heat. Sprinkle remaining Amazing Taste seasoning over onions. Cook 5 minutes. Grill or broil burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side. Top with cheese (optional). Add your favorite condiment to bun. Layer with lettuce, burger, grilled onion, pickle, and tomato.

Serve with Fries, Chips, or Potato Salad.

Comments

Oooo, sliders. Here in MN we go to White Castle and get sliders. Normally after a night of drinking. It has been a long time, but these look soooo much better!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Tamilyn, I've seen White Castle, but never have been!

Darius & Gera, cheese is NOT optional here either. ;o)

i’ve been craving homemade hamburgers lately, i’m going to have to make some! these look great and i love sliders. my boyfriend loves White Castle, he’s from missouri where they have them there. they don’t have any around here in maryland but they do sell them frozen in the grocery store – NOT the same!

Yummy looking slider!
    Smart to skip the TWD cake–I’m just glad we had company over to eat it, although it wasn’t the greatest, I’d have kept eating it anyway.

Oh my gosh! I literally just spent the last HOUR talking myself out of going to In n Out when all I really want is a cheeseburger. So to distract my big pregnant butt I came here!

It’s a sign, fate even!

Yeah, White Castles from the freezer section leave a lot to be desired, but hubby will eat them out of the vending machine at work once in a while. Yuck. I looked up that seasoning mix and they don’t sell it here in MN. Too bad, it sounds really good :(

Thank you for posting the link to Amazing Taste. I had never heard of this product until you mentioned it in a previous post. I surfed the website and was happy to see they are low sodium and free of msg. I usually use Mrs. Dash.

I’m going to look for them the next time I shop!