Blueberry Crumb Cake

If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t been baking much lately. A lot has been going on that has kept me out of the kitchen. However, in what I have had for free time, I have been looking through my CL Annual Recipes cookbook for 1999. Which is where my Longevity Noodles came from (yum – I will be making them again).

This morning since I was up early again, I decided to go ahead an make the Blueberry Crumb Cake recipe I had tabbed and had been thinking about making the last few days. The house smells wonderful this morning and my co-workers are going to be nicely surprised on this Friday morning. :o)

Blueberry Crumb Cake

1 cup blueberries
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.

Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with wax paper, and coat wax paper with cooking spray.

Beat 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed of a mixer until blended (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Lightly spoon 1-1/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Comgine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in blueberries.

Pour into prepared pan. Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle sugar mixture over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

8 servings
Calories: 264
Fat: 8.2 grams
Fiber 1.5 grams
WW Points: 6

Comments

Oh, I am so making this today!
    Love blueberry cakes, muffins, anything!
    Looks great, I wanted to eat it right away, and then I realized I have all the ingredients, even blueberries to hit the stage immediately! I can still make it for breakfast :)
    Will post about results, off I go :)

You must be reading my mind, I’m looking for a great blueberry recipe to serve the kids for breakfast next week for their big testing week at school. You’re amazing!

This looks absolutely delicious and your pictures are beautiful! I’m adding this to my menu right now! Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe. {{hugs}}

This cake is heanvenly looking. I am looking forward to summer berries again. Crumb cake has to be on of the best types of cake and so fancy but so simple too. The noodles with shrimp looks delish and I have been craving shrimp! Will try soon.

oh my, blueberry crumb cake is one of my favorites crumb cakes out there. You already know I’m such a coffee fanatic, I love a great coffee along with blueberry crumb cake :)

Yum! This looks so delicious. I just bought a huge package of blueberries, and I’ve been looking for a tried-and-true recipe like this one. Even my picky boyfriend just leaned over my should and told me that “That looks good. Youl should make that.” Huge kudos to you for evoking those compliments from him–and of course, as usual, I think your treats look delicious!

6. Anonymous says

I came here via foodgawker and this looked just so amazing that I had to make it. It’s DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing.

7. Anonymous says

I plan to make this today! I just bought blueberries yesterday and made pancakes with them. I was wondering what to do with the rest of them! Thanks!

Also, did you try putting the blueberries in flour so that they don’t settle to the bottom? I don’t it really matters because your cake look perfect as is!

Wow! This looks really fantastic, moist, sweet and delicious! A blueberry crumb cake is probably my favorite coffee cake (and wouldn’t you know, I have some frozen blueberries cooling their heels in the freezer right now… hmmmm…….). Thanks for a great recipe!

You bake in the morning BEFORE WORK? What are you, some kind of insane-o morning person? 😉 Seriously this looks great–I hope your co-workers appreciate you!

Oh yummy! I love Blueberries, whether it’s in Muffins or Cake. This looks mouth-wateringly good. Not good for the diet of course, but who cares if it tastes as good as it looks. You have to treat yourself sometimes.