Sesame Peanut Noodles

Sesame Peanut Noodles on a diet?  Sure!  This recipe from one of my Weight Watcher’s cookbooks give you the Asian flavors for only 4 WW Points!

Sesame Peanut Noodles - 4 weight watcher points per serving

I dug my Take out Tonight cookbook from Weight Watchers the other night and started searching for something I could make that wouldn’t be killing my diet! I love peanut butter and have never had this type of dish but have always wanted to try it.  The combination of peanut butter with hoisin, rice vinegar and brown sugar really made these noodles super yummy!

Sesame Peanut Noodles - 4 weight watcher points per serving

Chris came to our place for the night last night and he tried this out too….and loved it! It was really good and I will definitely make it again. It doesn’t hurt that it is a healthy recipe!

Sesame Peanut Noodles
WW Take out Tonight

6 oz. dry spaghetti noodles
1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1/2 cup water
3 Tablespoons ketchup
3 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 scallions (thinly sliced)

Note: I added some cooked chicken breast tenders to this dish to add some protein. If your counting points, please allow for what chicken you add to the dish.

Update:  I have made this and added chopped cilantro and chili pepper flakes to the mixture since my first posting.  If you are a cilantro lover, then the addition will take this recipe over the top for you without added points!

Cook pasta according to directions. Let cool 10 minutes.

Mix peanut butter through sesame oil together in saucepan and heat until just warmed and well combined. Pour over noodles and sprinkle with scallions.

1/3 cup equals one serving
WW Points: 4

Comments

Those look yummy! Truth be told thought, I would have to use angel hair or vermicelli-traumatic childhood memory with regular spaghetti noodles…..shudder…

Michelle, the ketchup did turn me off when I read the ingredient list, but I went ahead and made it anyway and am so glad that I did! It is in no way bad!

Barbara, Grumpy ate leftover Dill Pickle Meatloaf (which I never got a photo of so no blog about that yet!). I’m sure if there was nothing else in the house he would have at least tried it. As it was, he didn’t get any and won’t get any either! Not this time around anyway!

This sounds amazing! I think I’m going to make this tonight … adding the chicken like you did and maybe some peanuts and water chestnuts … This looks like a nice “base” to add other things to. YUM!

After that TWD Devils cake weight watchers would be a good thing! Your pasta looks wonderful. Im excited to make the Caramel Crunch Bars….Im kind of sick of sweets but these look rather tasty!

Those sound so good! They sound kind of similar to the Thai Peanut Noodles that Kate makes, which I also love, so I’ll have to try these ones. Mmmm…kinda craving them right now. Wanna bring me dinner? 😉

Like you, I’m a huge peanut butter fan, and this recipe sounds super exciting. Only wish I had had time to read it earlier in the day so I could have made it for dinner! Oh well, there’s always tomorrow night :)

The only problem I can see is that this small portion wouldn’t be enough to satisfy me. Once I get the taste of sate and noodles, I just want to keep eating. The temptation is too much.