Crab Rangoon

Crab RangoonOne of our favorite treats at the Chinese place always has been Crab Rangoon. BUT we never eat out there anymore. I decided to make my own last summer for the first time – but went “healthy” with it and baked them – they just didn’t turn out that good. So, the next time I made them I decided I would fry them. Oh yeah. That was much better!

I’m pretty proud of myself. I’ve accomplished a few Chinese meals that have turned out pretty well as of late and our favorite so far is the Walnut Shrimp. Yummy! Yeah, that dish is Grumpy’s favorite also.

I have seen recipes all over the place for the Crab Rangoon, but I decided to make it my own way. The first place I ever had Crab Rangoon was at the Hyvee grocery in Cedar Rapids. I loved those – they were the best I have ever had….and there was a bit of sweetness to the filling. So, I tried to replicate them (just smaller).

Other wonton recipes you may enjoy!
Cantonese Wonton Noodle Soup and Scallion pancakesWhat’s on the list

Wonton Jalapeno PoppersCopyKat Recipes

HoneyB’s Crab Rangoon

4 ounces Crab Leg (imitation) cut into small pieces
6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
3-4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 green onions (white parts only) diced
couple shakes of garlic powder
wonton wrappers

Mix crab meat, cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, sugar, green onion and garlic powder til well combined.

Lay wonton wrapper on counter, place approximately 1 tablespoon filling. Seal wontons according to package directions. Keep covered with damp paper towel (the filled wontons and the unfilled ones) to prevent from drying out during prep.

Fry in hot oil until browned.

Comments

Frying always tastes better! I still contend that making these yourself is much healthier than getting them from the Chinese restaurant. They look DELICIOUS! I wish I could have some right now.

Those look better than the ones the chinese takeout make! Thanks for passing along the recipe. I’m gonna give this a try and thanks for reminding me I have that shrimp recipe in my pile of must makes and need to give a a try!
    ~ingrid

Looks yummy! I don’t eat seafood, but Nathan loves it and often requests these. Hmmmm… it looks like you’ll have to have me AND Nathan over for dinner sometime! HEE HEE! :)

On a side note… I hope you get your surgery scheduled soon so you can start feeling better! HUGS!

OMG, these are our favorites! I probably shouldn’t admit this, but I likely have one of the only dogs on the planet who comes running when offered a crab rangoon. 😀

+Jessie

I’m going to have to try this Shelby, I’m going to try my hand at making homemade egg rolls tomorrow and I have pork chops out to make those Maple Chops!!

I had no idea you could buy wonton wrappers? Are these just in our local grocery store? Have any great chicken recipes to wrap inside of them? Something without veggies? lol

Crab rangoon is my husband's favorite treat, and I surprised him with these tonight. I, in turn, was surprised with how easy they were and delicious! Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to make them for friends!!