White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Just a few days ago Pam blogged about White Chocolate Macadamia. Then just today Cathy blogged about them. Little did either of them know that I also was going to be blogging them! This is Grumpy’s favorite type of cookie and since I have been making his lunch box treats I had decided to make these over the weekend for him! All I can say is great minds think alike! ;o)

My recipe is a little different as I use one I found on allrecipes.com. Grumpy likes his cookies not crunchy. He likes them soft and chewy. These aren’t really chewy, but they are soft. They are pretty darn good too as I am having a hard time leaving them alone…..although I have been good and only have eaten one today. I won’t tell you how many I ate yesterday though…..

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
allrecipes.com

1 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

Comments

And I made them on the 16th, well, bars not cookies, but white chocolate and macadamia. I got them on sale at BJ’s. Maybe everybody saw a sale on macadamias, spurring on a plethora of white choc, macadamia cookies. Sorry, just having a moment of silliness. These look great! Definitely drool worthy. But I like Grumpy, love these kind of cookies!

Oh man, these cookies look delicious! Grumpy and I are quite alike: I love a soft and chewy cookie. Very rarely do I like anything “crispy” when it comes to a cookie. Save crisp for potato chips. I can’t wait to try out your recipe. YUM!

YUM!! I always am trying to make cookies with white choco chips and sometimes they just don’t turn out. I am bound and determine to find a good oatmeal, craisin white choco chip recipe so maybe this is a start for me!

These look really delicious; I’ve seen several posts for similar cookies lately, now I just have to decide which one to make!

Those look heavenly! I have a recipe I normally use, but your picture has me wanting these! I think I’ll make them to have on hand when Nathan gets home! :)

Looks awesome! I love soft and chewy cookies too. The key to a chewy cookie is melted butter and a higher proportion of brown sugar to white. I bet you could tinker with this recipe easily to get the cookies to be soft AND chewy. I’m gonna test it and let you know how it goes :)

I can’t wait to make these cookies I just posted some fun macadamia bars early this week. Must not let those macadamias go to waste. Perfect.

I’ve seen these on Pam’s and Sydney’s blog,too! Love all the ingredients…really should stop being cookie lazy and make some.

Btw, I agree with Grumpy cookies should be soft and chewy! :)
    ~ingrid

I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies ever since I first had them at Mrs Fields’ cookie shops. In fact, the recipe I use is from her cookbook. These are my mom’s favorites – she used to ask me to send some to her by mail. It is one of the best cookie flavor combos!