Grumpy’s favorite cookies are White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Crispy edges, chewy center, with sweet white chocolate and crunchy macadamia nuts. What is not to love about them!
Just a few days ago Pam blogged about White Chocolate Macadamia. Then just today Cathy blogged about them. Little did either of them know that I also was going to be blogging them! This is Grumpy’s favorite type of cookie and since I have been making his lunch box treats I had decided to make these over the weekend for him! All I can say is great minds think alike! ;o)
My recipe is a little different as I use one I found on allrecipes.com. Grumpy likes his cookies not crunchy. He likes them soft and chewy. These aren’t really chewy, but they are soft. They are pretty darn good too as I am having a hard time leaving them alone…..although I have been good and only have eaten one today. I won’t tell you how many I ate yesterday though…..
- 1 cup butter, softened (I used ½ cup butter and ½ cup butter flavor Crisco)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.