Garlic Noodles

I was going to grill chicken tenders the other night and I needed a side dish. Something I never cared to have much of as a child was pasta. As an adult however, it is a whole different story!
I went on a search for a garlic noodle recipe and found one that I plan to keep around.

Then I happened to read my blogging buddy Patsyk’s blog (Family, Friends and Food)and saw that she is hosting an event called Presto Pasta Nights. I decided that I would submit my Garlic Noodles to this event!

The recipe I found by searching for garlic noodles on TasteSpotting. This led me to a blog called The Crepes of Wrath. The recipe was simple and I liked the fact there was brown sugar in the sauce. Yeah, if you don’t know already, I love sugar. Of all kinds.

Garlic Noodles
Adapted from:
The Crepes of Wrath ala Dinner tonight

7 ounces dry Chinese noodles or spaghetti
1 large shallot, minced (Original recipe called for green onions which I did not have)
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons finely minced garlic (about 2 cloves) (next time I would go with 4 large cloves)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Boil a large pot of water and cook the noodles according to package instructions.
Drain the noodles and wipe the pot clean. Place the noodles back in the pot and set aside.

In fry pan bring butter to a sizzle and add shallots and garlic. Stir fry for 12 minute being careful not to burn the garlic.

In a small mixing bowl add the brown sugar, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir well to mix. Add the noodles and toss well evenly distribute the sauce on the noodles.

Comments

Looks delicious, now I’m craving garlic pasta! Do you think I could omit the oyster sauce? I don’t have any at the moment….

This sounds really easy and looks delicious!! My husband LOVE pasta dishes!!! (and anything with garlic!) So this recipe will definitely be tried in my house…and soon!

Yummie S! Thanks for seeking out this recipe and sharing it with us.

Running my “virtual” tongue over the ingredients, I know everyone at my house would love it! I must make it soon, and will be thinking of you. xo~m.

Mmmm, looks good! I’ve always enjoyed pasta but prefer it without a “red” sauce so this recipe is right up my alley!
    ~ingrid

How interesting that the recipe lists brown sugar…but I guess it’s to balance the saltines?

Looks very simple and delicious.

Sounds fantastic and looks incredible. Great photo.

Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights and I do hope you plan on joining in the weekly fun often.

I just tried this at a potluck not that long ago and looooved it. I’m so glad you shared this recipe, I’m definitely going to have to try this!