HoneyB’s Potato Salad

A few weeks ago a friend asked me for a potato salad recipe. I really couldn’t tell her what I did because I just always threw whatever I felt like together without measurements. I’ve made potato salad a couple of times since then and decided that I would write out how I made it so I could share my recipe with you.

My recipe is pretty basic. Grumpy is happy with this one in particular. He doesn’t like any of the “sweeter” recipes for potato or macaroni salad. Me, I can eat almost any way it is made!

HoneyB’s Potato Salad

5 large Yukon Gold Potatoes
1-1/2 to 2 Cups Hellmann’s Mayonnaise (this is the only kind I will use)
1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 stalks celery, diced small
1/4 large vidalla onion, diced small
3-4 hard boiled eggs
paprika

Boil the potatoes in generously salted water. I do this and do not add salt to my salad. When potatoes are cool, dice into small pieces. Place potatoes in mixing bowl. Add diced celery, onion and two of the hard boiled eggs, chopped. I never measure my mayonnaise or mustard so I am guesstimating what I put in the salad. I would start with a cup of mayonnaise and then continue to add more as needed to get the desired consistency you would like with your salad. I add about 1-2 tablespoons of dijon mustard with the mayonnaise. Mix until well combined. Quarter the remaining eggs and place on top of the potato salad and sprinkle with paprika. Serve & enjoy!

Comments

This is EXACTLY how I like my potato salad! My mom would add a little bit of evaporated milk into the mayo to make it extra creamy. Yum!

I love potato salad and this is similar to the way I make mine. It’s one of summers pleasures!
    Your picture is so yummy looking!

Hi Honey, long time no see.
    How have you been?

love this salad …only I will reduce the potatoes and add some soya chunks instead. :)

HoneyB, like you, I will eat just about ANY potato salad. This one looks scrumptious.

My SIL makes the best, and she only uses Hellmann’s too.

I’m a big “dill pickle juice” in the potato salad person, which I know really turns a lot of folks off. Haven’t made a potato salad in ages but of course now I’m craving some!

I make my potato salad by just throwing everything in too. Similar to yours, but I always add lots of chopped up dill pickles! I’m not a huge fan of sweeter potato salads either, but a good savory salad will always get me drooling. :-)

Ooo, this potato salad sounds amazing! I love that there’s a vidalia in there, and hardboiled eggs!! What an awesome combination. So glad you wrote your recipe down for us!