Peanut Butter Cookies for Taste & Create and Family Memories reminder!

Just a reminder that the deadline is Saturday, May 23 to submit your blog post to the Family Recipes: Memories of Food, Family & Fun Event! Click here for detailed information!

For this month’s Taste & Create I was paired with Christina of In the Garden of Eatin’. Because I’m on a cookie kick I decided to go with her peanut butter cookies. I think its pretty cool that Christina and I both chose something made with peanut butter to make from each other’s blog!

I followed the ingredient list with the exception of the decorating sugar to sprinkle on top. Instead I dipped my fork in regular sugar and pressed the tines into the cookie to flatten and give the crisscross shape. Also, I baked some of them for less time so they would be softer for Grumpy and a few for a longer time so they would be crunchier for me. This was a great cookie with great peanut butter flavor and easy to adapt to Grumpy and my taste!

Peanut Butter Cookies
From the Garden of Eatin’

1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cups Peanut butter (creamy)
1/2 Cup butter (1 stick)
3 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

Makes 2 Dozen Cookies

Heat oven to 375.

In a large bowl combine brown sugar, white sugar, peanut butter, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until well blended. Add your egg and mix until just combined.

Add flour, baking soda and salt while mixing on low speed.

Roll 1 tbsp of mix into a ball and place on a foiled baking sheet (I used my airbake sheet and didn’t use the foil). Continue until you have finished all the dough. Leave 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet. With a fork press down with a criss cross pattern dipping fork into granulated sugar inbetween criss crossing. Bake 7 – 9 minutes.

Comments

Mmm, these PB cookies look fabulous!! I love a nice, chewy PB cookie. There’s something so absolutely comforting about them. I think I may have to go and make some right now :)

Oooh, I cannot have too many PB cookie recipes–although I am more in line with Grumpy’s thoughts on how long to bake them.

I totally forgot this Saturday was the deadline. Good thing I got my recipe in before going out of town!

They look perfect!!! I completely lost track of time and didn’t realize the deadline is this weekend for your event! I hope to join in next time around if I can’t manage to get something in this weekend.

Peanut butter cookies have to be an all time favourite. I am always in search of the best cookie out there especilally now that the future son in law loves the:D

Can’t imagine why it took so long for me to find you when youseem to cooking everything I love!! Your blog title is great–I can relate :) I’ll be back!(after I make the white choc. macadamia cookies!

I could SO go for some of these cookies right now! I remember making peanut butter cookies with my mom growing up, always with the fork criss-cross, always with chunky peanut butter, so you’d get a yummy texture to your cookie. These bring me back. I should make some again!

I made these for my husband, who is a peanut butter fiend! He loves anything with peanut butter. These were wonderful, I dont usually like pb cookies but these were awesome and the dough itself tasted like reese's pieces. 😛 I added a pb filling so they would be like my husband's favorite store bought cookies, Nutter Butters. He was crazy over them.

Thanks for the recipe. This is now my go to pb cookie recipe! :)