Sour Cream Coffeecake Muffins buried in a crumb topping and drizzled with glaze, these muffins are single serving sizes of the ever popular breakfast sour cream coffeecake!
53 days. Then we fly to Florida and the next day we will sail off to the Western Caribbean! Last night Grumpy and I turned the TV off and went upstairs. With the laptop. he he. We sat and looked at the different excursions we can do. This is our first cruise ever. Deep Sea fishing (appeals to Grumpy). Horseback riding (appeals to me). Swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, ATV tours, private beach. This all means I get to call my dr and ask what am I going to be able to do? Sigh. I never planned on having a neck injury when we planned this cruise. I don’t want Grumpy to be disappointed and not get to do his fishing. I’m willing to sit on the beach for the day and let him go though if I am not allowed. Still though, it is 53 days away. Maybe he will say I can do a little more than I am allowed to do than if it were right now?
Then the food. What to expect? I don’t have a clue! I have heard people talk about how wonderful the food is. I see they have Supper Clubs. The Supper Club is going to be available on our ship. For an extra cost we can do the Supper Club. Our dining time is 6 PM. That’s a good time don’t you think? Then I read you can eat between 5:45 and 9:00 PM? I’m confused. All you seasoned cruisers tell me what you think/know?
Oh, and before I leave….these Sour Cream Coffecake Muffins I made on Sunday morning. I had been looking at this recipe for a while now and finally decided on Sunday that I had the desire to finally throw them together. It is another Cooking Light recipe (now have you all figured out why I’m Cooking Light so much lately?) and this one is a definite keeper. I made the recipe as written except I didn’t have egg replacer so I used 4 egg whites instead of the egg replacer. Turned out awesome. Loved the cinnamon sugar pecan swirl inside and then sprinkled on top before baking. Yummy. Try them, you’ll like them!
- Sour Cream Coffeecake Muffins
- WW Points: 4
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour (about 7¾ ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add egg substitute; beat 3 minutes. Beat in sour cream, water, and vanilla.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture; add sour cream mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Place 3 tablespoons brown sugar mixture in a small bowl; set aside. Sprinkle surface of batter with remaining brown sugar mixture. Gently fold batter 4 times.
- Place 18 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with reserved brown sugar mixture. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, juice, and dash of salt in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle powdered sugar mixture evenly over muffins.