His request

Every summer I have heard this comment: “When you get some zucchini you need to make some of that chocolate bread.” Yes. This is Grumpy’s favorite quick bread.

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com way back in 2005 when we had our first garden with a ton of zucchini. I made it as written the first time and used mini chocolate chips but Grumpy is a big fan of white chocolate so the next time I made it I used white chocolate instead. That is when it became his favorite.
When mom gave me some of their first zucchini the other night I knew the first thing I would do would be to make Grumpy of of this bread. The recipe makes 2 loaves – so I made one big loaf and two mini loaves. Today he is going to drop one of each mini loaves off to his dad and to his mom.

Grumpy’s mom has been enjoying homemade treats. I love the look on her face when she sees that we have brought her a goodie! lol. BTW, she is doing really well. I doubt she will be going back to work but over the last few months she has recuperated quite well from her strokes!

If you would like to make this recipe you can find it by clicking HERE. I suggest you don’t change a thing unless you want to mix up the chips going in. I think cinnamon chips would work really well too as the recipe does also include cinnamon. :-)

Comments

Grumpy must be one happy guy right now! That bread looks yummy.

I was just wondering one thing though, what exactly does the zucchini do for the bread?? keep it moist? boost sweetness?

Ooh… this looks like a great way to use up my zucchini. Thanks for the link. I'm headed into the kitchen to make it right now (including your revisions).

I've never tried chocolate zucchini bread before- it looks so moist and delicious, something I think we'll love! Thanks for sharing this!

I've read somewhere that the zucchini should be "wrung out" to remove extra moisture when making bread. I don't see that step here….. am I trying to make this harder than it needs to be?

Thanks for sharing!

You're always welcome to enter my giveaways Shelby πŸ˜‰

Still deciding on a recipe for my guest post on your blog, maybe a Dutch treat called Boterkoek would be nice? Or a pasta dish….

Wow, I can't believe Grumpy likes zucchini bread! I'd have to just call it "chocolate bread" for Hubby. πŸ˜‰

When you use white chocolate, do you just sub it for the chips part?

Looks delish!

This is delicious and has – already become a favorite here! I made mini-loaves so they could "travel" easier (plus I like the end pieces!). Mine was a little dry but i think that could be because I forgot to set the time… LOL!