HoneyB’s Cheesy Italian Bread

Pin It

IS it all about Grumpy?

Some of you may think it is! I have to admit, my world does revolve around him. Isn’t that the way it is supposed to be when your in love? lol. I know that is how it is with my mom and dad! In all honesty, and those who have been reading here for awhile know, my world revolves around all of those I love. I am very lucky to have so many special people in my life!
So yeah, most of the time, it is all about Grumpy. I think he kind of likes all the attention too. Even though he would never admit it.

Chris did get to enjoy some of this cheesy garlic bread too. All either one of my boys has to do is ask and they shall receive (as long as mom has the means and they are being reasonable!). Yeah, so its all about those boys of mine too. Of the three of us who had some of this cheesy garlic bread there isn’t one who didn’t love it. If you make the Italian Bread or if you just go out and buy some, this cheesy garlic bread is worth making to go with your next meal. Whether it be Chicken Penne Prima Vera or Grilled Shrimp (of course two things I had some of that cheesy garlic bread with!).

HoneyB’s Cheesy Garlic Bread

1 loaf Italian bread
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 Tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I use a micro plane zester. If you don’t use this, you may want to adjust the amount of cheese.)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
oregano

Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Mix garlic into softened butter. Spread evenly on both sides of bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with mozzarella and oregano. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Turn to broil and broil until cheese just begins to brown. Cool slightly, slice & enjoy!

Comments

My husband and I would devour that bread! It would be perfect with almost any dinner… but, especially with Penne ala Vodka… or Penne Arrabiata… yummmmm!

Now that's my kind of bread! I could take a big bite right now. You have convinced me to take out my bread machine to make this Italian Bread and Garlic Bread.

I could eat that whole thing!!

And yes it is all about the ones you love. My boyfriend gets what he wants in the kitchen, and I don't mind making it!! It crazy what love can do to you.

Grumpy must be loving all this "stardom"!! I could take a big bite of this bread. It looks so good.
    And thanks for the words on a visit. We may surprise you some day!!! (Oh and I always call first!!LOL)

One of my favorite things to read on your blog is about your love for your guys! I totally get that! 100%!

That is one of the BEST garlic breads I've seen.
    ~ingrid

I think for those of us who enjoy cooking and baking, we're always willing to go the extra mile to make something our loved ones really like.

Great looking cheesy garlic bread!

I could eat the entire loaf at one sitting. I'm not kidding. Really. Give me something like spaghetti and meatballs along with this bread and I'm all over it!

• says

I would go with a cheese that is aged and dry (extremely firm) If you can't find something like that it is ok to use any type of cheese that has a sharp flavor. I use asiago cheese often in place of parmesan. Good luck!

My life does revolve around those i love, but I wouldn't have it any other way either! They are lucky to have such a wonderful wife and mother who makes delicious cheesy bread for them! This looks amazing!!