This is the 4th week of our Made with Love giveaway. I have to admit, I have never been more pleased with a product as I am with this one - and I will continue to purchase these spice blends as they are absolutely the best I have come across in such a long time! Our very favorite at the moment is the Red Pepper Spice Blend, however this chicken pasta dish gives it a good running with the Prima Vera Spice Blend!
For the last few weeks, Val of More than Burnt Toast and myself have been cooking away with the spice blends. So far Val has made Creamy Asparagus Soup with a Touch of Dill made with the Daring Dill Spice Blend and Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Ricotta and Feta made with their Pesto Garlic Spice Blend and last week I made a Barbequed Shrimp made with the Red Pepper Spice Blend.
This week, using the Prima Vera Spice Blend I put together a Chicken Pasta Prima Vera - and it was VERY GRUMPY FRIENDLY. Yes, he gave another meal made with the spice blends two thumbs up!
Chicken Penne Prima Vera
2 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 orange pepper, sliced
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1-1/2 jars spaghetti sauce
3 Tablespoons Prima Vera Spice Blend
4-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
Saute chicken tenders in hot oil with salt and pepper until browned on both sides. Add peppers and saute about 2 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and Prima Vera Spice Blend. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on box. Scoop pasta from water and add to chicken mixture. You may want to add a few scoops of hot water to the mix to thing the sauce out some as while it simmers, it will thicken.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan and cheesy garlic bread :-)
1) Visit their web site http://www.madewithlove.ca/ and find "The Long Tall Laugh".
2) Leave a comment at madewithlovecontest(AT)gmail(DOT)com where you found the image/photo"The Long Tall Laugh". Please let us know your blog URL so that we can post the names of the winners on our sites with a link back to you!!!
3) You will be automatically entered to win an Earth-friendly Gift Set Couplet of Prima Vera & Garden Curry Regular-size SpiceBlends worth $40
4) Visit either Val at More Than Burnt Toast or here at The Life and Love's of Grumpy's Honeybunch at the beginning of each week for a delicious recipe and a new chance to win!!!
5) The lucky winners who receive their Spice Blends will create a recipe using their products, blog about it with a link to http://www.madewithlove.ca/ . All of the recipe creations will be posted as a roundup on More Than Burnt Toast and here on The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. Your recipe may even be on the Made with Love website!!!!
Description of the spices you can win:
Prima Vera Spice BlendThe Prima Vera is a wonderful blend of sun dried tomato, sweet pepper and Italian herbs and spices. Try this blend for creamy, red or clear pasta sauces, in creamcheese on a bagel it is heavenly and as a spanish-style rice side dish
INGREDIENTS: dried vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, onions) herbs, spices, & sea salt.
Garden Curry Spice BlendOur Garden Curry blend is a mild curry blend with a mix of garden vegetables. One of our most popular Spice Blends, Garden Curry appeals to all taste buds, even many who think they dislike curries. In creamcheese, pasta or yogurt dip it creates a mild, rich and flavourful sunshine cream!
INGREDIENTS: herbs & spices, dried carrots, onions, peppers, leeks, cabbage, unbleached raw turbinado sugar & natural sea salt. With tumeric - a powerful source of antioxidants.