Needing comfort

Yeah. Things aren’t great. I really can’t talk about what isn’t great, but just take my word for it. Things aren’t great. Actually, they are worse than they were last week. :-( When I can talk about what is going on, I will but for now, I’ll just let you know that we needed comfort food last night. Really comforting food.

I’m looking forward to our cruise more than ever. The break will do Grumpy and I both good. Relaxing and enjoying possibly the only real summer weather we may experience this year. Only 32 days til we set sail. I can’t wait.

Since our freezer is full of venison, I made this Cooking Light recipe for Diner Meatloaf Muffins – only I didn’t make it as muffins. I figured if I did that Grumpy would “complain.” I didn’t have carrots so I didn’t use them in the recipe – however if I did have them, I would have used them! The meatloaf was really moist and quite yummy. Also great on my Arnold Sandwich Thin with a little mayo and extra ketchup for lunch….yum. It made me feel better….for a little while. šŸ˜‰ For the recipe CLICK HERE.

Comments

I hope things turn around soon! At least you found a perfect comfort food to make you feel a bit better – if only for a little while.

Whatever it is I wish you the best Shelby. Certainly this meatloaf looks comforting. And how wonderful you are going on a cruise!

I posted the doughboy today. Thank you again.

Hugs, you are so much in my thoughts. Wish I could stop by and have a cup of coffee with you.

That meatloaf is beautiful. We love meatloafs with mashed potatoes. xx

You know the expression about God closing a door but opening a window? You gotta hold on to that!

I like the idea of muffins. Meatloaf sammies are da Bomb!

Sorry things aren't going so well right now. I bet you can't wait for your cruise. I hope you have a blast!

Your meatloaf looks yummy!

I haven't been by to visit in such a long time and now I'm only catching up. I hope that things have gotten better for you since this post. At the very least, I hope you did find some comfort in this dish – it looks and sounds delicious. I love meatloaf and am always on the lookout for great recipes.