Back with a ….. quiche!

We are back from our cruise! I will have a post together in a few days to tell you about our exciting, fun and relaxing time! :-)

It was Sunday morning and I had been up a while. Usually we will have pancakes on Sundays but we hadn’t done that in the last few weeks. With so much going on and us watching what we were eating I just hadn’t bothered to make them. But this Sunday was different. I was hungry AND I was hungry for something savory. Not sweet. I started remembering the quiche I made for my friend Phyllis when she would have weekends where I would go and cook in her home for guests she would have there. I got to thinking about the broccoli and spinach quiche that my friend Nancy brought and taught me to make. I had broccoli in my fridge and I had only 5 days left before Grumpy and I would be gone for 10 days….and I was certain Chris wasn’t going to clean and cook the broccoli for himself to eat while we were gone so I decided I wanted to make broccoli quiche.

I mentioned this to Grumpy and I pretty much knew what his response was going to be. So I pouted. Then I decided I was going to make it anyway and any leftovers Chris could have. I have said before that I am not an egg person -but this quiche is not eggy. As a matter of fact it is more cheesy than it is eggy. It only calls for two eggs. I love it when its made but honestly, it is better the next day warmed up. If you think you can’t do quiche because you can’t handle eggs, well then this is the recipe for you. If I can eat it, probably anybody can. It is delicious!

Oh, BTW, Grumpy did try this quiche and he actually didn’t dislike it at all! I told him he would like it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nancy’s Quiche

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 cups milk
2 beaten eggs
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1/2# sharp shredded cheese
2-1/2 cups chopped cooked broccoli (or 1-1o oz chopped spinach, drained)

Mix dry ingredients. Add eggs, onion, cheese and broccoli/spinach. Pour in a 9″ pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted.

Comments

Welcome back Shelby! Can't wait to hear more details about your cruise. I love quiche and haven't made it in a long time. Thanks for the inspiration. Looks great!

I love quiche–even the eggy ones. But it is one of the few foods John can be picky about, because of the egginess, so I guess I should try to make him this one!

Glad to see you back!

Hey! Hope you had a good time on your cruise… you had some great posts going on here while you were gone!

And that quiche… well, it's lovely. And just perfect for the late-season broccoli at the farmer's markets here!

Welcome back! I love that this quiche is crustless. It looks delicious. I am thinking I could make it into mini-quiches for a quick breakfast on school days-yummy!

So happy to see you back & blogging! This quiche looks wonderful, and I may have to make one myself very soon… but pie crust makes me a bit nervous!

I typically prefer savory dishes for breakfast/brunch: this one looks great.

Your husband reminds me of my dad when it comes to food. My sister gave him some potato curry to try and he spit it out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gorgeous looking quiche! And only two eggs in that whole thing? Wow!

Hey not sure if you heard yet, but I started a discussion list for food bloggers! It's gaining momentum and I'd love it if you joined us (if you haven't already!)! All food bloggers are welcome, so if you know anyone else who would like ot join please pass it along! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/foodblogs/

hey shelby! i had a great time chatting with you. THIS is what i want to make soon, it looks amazing. i used to hate quiches, but it was because the ones i was eating were nasty grocery store ones, this looks delicious!