Some people may not understand this. I. Crave. Tofu. I don’t know why. Maybe my body needs something in tofu. Maybe its because when my mom would make it – it would taste good. I didn’t eat it a lot growing up, but after I moved away from home my mom started to cook more foods with tofu. One dish she makes that I crave on a regular basis is Scrambled Tofu. I have even requested she make this for me for dinner when I visit. Mind you, I have been eating this stuff now for close to 20 years. Yeah, I’m that old.
We already know Grumpy won’t eat tofu. He tried my Greek Salad with Marinated Tofu and refuses to eat it again. I wish he were more like my co-worker Sue. He wouldn’t even try the Scrambled Tofu. Sue tried it AND she actually liked it!
This is very flavorful! The McKay’s Chicken Seasoning is a vegetarian chicken broth that my family has used for as long as I can remember. You can find it in most health food stores – or order it online. Mom didn’t give measurements for the carrots or onions so I just told you what I guessed my measurements to be. My carrots were tiny ones from mom’s garden so I am guessing 1 or 2 smaller carrots.
- Momma Law's Scrambled Tofu
- 3 Tablespoon Oil (I used canola and did not use as much oil - maybe about half of this)
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- 1 lb. firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons McKay's Chicken Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of garlic powder
- turmeric (basically used for color- I used about ½ teaspoon)
- Saute onion and carrot in oil until just soft. Add tofu, chicken seasoning, tumeric, onion and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- I turned the heat up some to cook some of the water out of the tofu. Stirred and fried for about 2 minutes.
- If you decide to try this I hope you enjoy! Let me know! :-)