Take that Grumpy!

Waffles with Blueberry Sauce

Its not the weekend but I can’t stop thinking about these waffles. They were so yummy!

This last weekend Grumpy and I had too much of a conversation about food. Obviously because I had been starving him to death by being too hot to cook and feed him. Please note that 2 nights he wasn’t even in the area so I couldn’t cook for him. Saturday after I fed him food he was not interested in and he was “fainting away” we went to mom and dads house. While we were there we had a piece of cheesecake with raspberry sauce for dessert. (Dad did get a dig in to Grumpy and told him it was Tofu. he he. It wasn’t but my dad, well, he loves to tease!)

Mom made the raspberry sauce especially for Grumpy because she knows he loves raspberries. So, when dinner was done she asked if we wanted what was left. I said yes, and Grumpy said I could put them on waffles if I even knew how to make them. grrr. So, on Sunday morning I got my revenge and posted a link on Grumpy’s facebook wall to prove to him (and all his friends!) I knew how to make waffles and said “the proof is in the pudding…who said I never made you waffles?”. I then proceeded to make this recipe I found on Tasty Kitchen that happened to be a recipe from 2 Kids and Tired Cooks. Grumpy enjoyed these waffles with his raspberry sauce, but because I am a blueberry/lime kinda girl I made a special blueberry sauce for myself to have on my waffles. Let me know if you try out the sauce – I loved it. I also loved these waffles. I love them more then the other ones I made and will keep this one as my go to recipe from now on. Make sure you check out the waffle recipe either by clicking here or here.

HoneyB’s Blueberry Lime Sauce

2 cups blueberries (mine were frozen)
1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
Juice of one lime
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Stir blueberries, sugar & lime juice over low heat until juices begin to flow from berries (the mixture will not be hot at this time). Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and stir well. Continue to cook until berries begin to thicken. Serve on top of yummy waffles (or pancakes).

Comments

You and Grumpy are so much fun to read about!

But I'm with Grumpy on this one. Raspberry totally trumps blueberry every time. *ducking*

Thanks ladies…and Holly THANK YOU. Grumpy even ate them with no topping!

LOL @ Mags…Grumpy was in trouble for not ever remembering I had made him waffles before. How could he not remember that?! Its ok you would like the raspberry sauce. I like it too. I just like blueberries better! :-p

grumpy should know by now that you know how make all of those delicious meals! hehehe those waffles look really tasty along with that blueberry sauce :)

Hmmm I wonder if being Grumpy pays off? These waffles and raspberry sauce look fabulous! What could be better? Lucky Grumpy! Behavior well rewarded, I'd say!

Yum! Love the combo of flavors. I do smile when you talk about Grumpy…I have my own "Grumpy" at home at times, only because he has so many food dislikes (which makes me grumpy, really, because I'll make something that we won't enjoy because it has tomatoes in it, etc). I share in your strife! :)At least when he does like something, though, you'll know it's true!

Oooooh – that looks sooooo goooood! We are big breakfast eaters in our house, and I love the idea of blueberry lime sauce — I might just have to try these out over Labor Day weekend! (Mark is away this weekend, and if I make that I will eat it all myself, not good! :)