Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta

Last evening while I was going through stumbles, my friend Jessie of Simply Scrumptious had a post that was so similar to what I am going to tell you about today! Sometimes I really wonder if we aren’t just “magically connected” to those we tune into on a regular basis! In any case, Jessie’s words….great minds think alike!

When I visited my mom on Saturday, I left with a couple butternut squash. Yup. The first time I left with only two items in my hands. ;o) Of course, that meant I had to start searching for some recipes that included butternut squash!

I came across a Cooking Light recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta on myrecipes.com. The only ingredient I didn’t have on hand was a shallot – so I just subbed some onion. This dish is so very yummy. So much so that Grumpy ate 3 servings for dinner that night….and then the next night he finished up what was leftover! I almost wanted to say to Grumpy “Do you know your just eating glorified mac & cheese?” lol. We all know how much he does not like homemade mac & cheese (egads that terrible boxed stuff is his favorite!). But, I didn’t dare….else he might all of a sudden decide to not like it. ;o)

Thanks again to Cooking Light for coming through with another scrumptious dish that is not bad for you! If you love pasta, bacon, cheese and butternut squash, then this dish is a must try. CLICK HERE for the recipe!

This is going to be my submission to Presto Pasta Nights. Make sure to check out Chaya of Sweet & Savory Says It All for the round up! Yes. I really am back. It sure does feel good!

Comments

shelby can't tell you how much I love butternut squash. I eat so much of it and love using it in pasta. haven't tried the bacon yet, but must after seeing this. LOL

Wow every part of this dish sounds wonderful. I'm cracking up over the boxed mac and cheese. My dad is the same way and won't eat the homemade stuff!

That looks so good! I just made a Macaroni and Cheese dish that used pureed butternut squash! I need to get it on my blog soon. I love how versatile butternut squash is!

I love your version of mac and cheese! Looks really gooey and delicious.

Mac and Cheese will always be mac and cheese regardless what pasta shape you use :) Like Grumpy, Hurley had two helpings himself that night and then took the rest of it throughout the week for lunch at work.

Just wanted to let you know that I saw this on your blog yesterday and made it for dinner last night! SOOO good. I loved it.
    My husband doesn't like boxed or homemade mac-n-cheese. I thought he was going to be gone for dinner, but was here anyway. He ate some of this and liked it. (To get him to eat it, I told him it was just a pasta dish!) 😉

Glorified mac and cheese or not, this looks amazing! I ADORE butternut squash and have been eating it non-stop lately. I'll have to add this to my repertoire.