This cookie is a real winner Butter Pecan Nuggets. Buttery cookie dough with a toasted pecan hiding inside. Drizzled with white frosting and decorated with blue and white sparkly sugars. Yeah, the sugars really set it off for me….I love blue & silver at Christmas. My little tree is blue/silver/white. This is an easy cookie to make and doesn’t take much time at all.
Butter Pecan Nuggets
Author: Grumpy's Honeybunch
Serves: 4 dozen
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla
- 4-5 teaspoons milk
- colored sugars
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Toast in a 325 oven for about 12 minutes or til golden. Remove and cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Heat and stir til butter is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool.
- Stir in flour til well mixed. Shape into ¾ inch balls. Press a toasted pecan half into each ball and enclose nut in dough to form an oval. Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or til done. Remove and cool.
- Stir together powdered sugar, clear vanilla and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Place frosting in decorating bag and cut at the very tip to make a small hole. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar.