Day 3 of Cooking Light Magazine Giveaway!
Have you voted for which dish you want me to “recreate” for Pillsbury? If you haven’t, please click here and vote! :o)
I must have been in lala land when I was reading the recipe because I messed up and put 1/4 cup too much milk in the batter. Fortunately I realized it and I added an extra 1/4 cup flour to compensate. Even with the mistake the cake was awesome. Christopher was here for dinner that night and he and Grumpy both were commenting on how flavorful the cake was. Grumpy even commented that the cake itself was so good he could eat it without the frosting!
Last night Grumpy gave in and couldn’t resist (he was trying to not eat any cake) and took another piece. As I type, there is one more piece in the cake dish. I’m betting before the night is over, Grumpy will have eaten it! update: Since I wrote this Grumpy DID eat the last piece of cake. He then proceeded to tell me he was glad it was all gone. He said all he could think about was the cake sitting on the table. He then asked me if I knew what he had for breakfast. I replied Cake? He said “yup.” Then he asked me “do you know what I had for lunch?” LOL. I said Cake? His response again was” yup” and then he told me “and now I’m going to have the last piece and it will be gone!” It is very rare when Grumpy can’t stop eating cake – so I’m saying that this is probably the best cake I have ever made!
- Leave a comment telling me what your holiday treat is that you can’t leave alone!
- Earn an extra entry if you are a new or existing subscriber to The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch, and leave me a comment letting me know.
- Earn another additional entry by linking back to this giveaway on your blog, and leaving a comment letting me know.
- Earn one more entry by mentioning the giveaway on Twitter and leaving a comment letting me know.
- Earn yet one more entry by joining me on my Facebook Fan Page and leave a comment letting me know.