Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi

I found this recipe in my Cooking Light Healthy Cooking book and a couple weeks ago I made it for the first time. If you can’t tell….I love making dishes with shrimp. :-)  Recipe will follow!

To update those of you on my sweet son Chris, he is taking it a day at a time. Its not easy being an active person and being forced to be inactive. He was told he has better than 50/50 chance of healing without surgery now – which was better than 50/50 of needing it! All I can say is each day is one day closer to healing and I keep hoping and praying that things just continue to look up from this point on. I think this family has had enough and its time to have some good luck for a change. Thanks for all your concern and well wishes for him!

Love scampi and crab?  I came across this creative recipe for Crab Leg Scampi from my friends over at Kitchen Dreaming!

Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Cooking Light, March 2009

1 cup uncooked orzo
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
7 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and place orzo in a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and keep warm.

While orzo cooks, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add half of shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in pan and add remaining shrimp to pan; saute 2 minutes or until almost done. Transfer to plate.

Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, juice, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.

Comments

Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite dishes. I love the Ina Garten version, this one sounds quite tempting and I like thats its over rice.

I am thinking of you and hope he recovers quickly and without any pain. Fingers crossed for no surgery.XXOO

wonderful shrimp scampi dish, I'm starting to love shrimp more now and this is one recipe I have to make soon.

It's great that Chris is recovering well, I hope he gets better without having get any surgery! you guys are in my thoughts :)

Shrimp scampi over rice just sounds heavenly right now! Do you think anyone would notice if I made this for breakfast now? lol…yours looks delicious.

Thank you for your banana recipe! I like the macadamia nuts and I actually have some of those on hand!!! Plus it is Cooking Light and I can have some too!! I'm very happy as you can tell 😉

Can't wait to see what sugar cookie recipe you have.

Everyone except Babygirl loves shrimp so by all means bring on the shrimp dishes! I'll just broil some salmon for her and it's win win!

Hope Chris is better really soon!
    ~ingrid

I got a subscription to Cooking Light for Christmas, and every time I come to your site it makes me wish that it would just hurry up and get here!

Shelby,
    I have been wanting to make this recipe for awhile. It's on my dinner menu for this week now. Thanks for sharing another great CL recipe.

Thanks for the update on Chris. With my fall on Friday afternoon, a fraction closer I would have broken my collarbone, darn it happens so fast.

I love any dish with shrimp and so does Dave.

That looks so refreshing – perfect with a nice little salad and glass of wine. It actually makes me think of summer . . . [sigh]

All the best for Chris' quick recovery (without surgery!)