- I don’t use grapenuts. Never have. I always use Special K or Wheaties
- I only use evaporated milk if I have it and I use fat free. Otherwise I just use regular skim milk.
- You can substitute egg replacement (like the Morningstar farm egg substitute) for the eggs. This time I didn’t because I didn’t have any.
- If you don’t have George Washington Broth which is a meat free mix, you can substitute the Better than Bouillon (which is what I have in my fridge all the time). This however is not meat free unless you get the vegetable one. I keep vegetarian, chicken and beef in my fridge at all times.
- I don’t use oleo. I am a butter girl all the way. I use unsalted butter whenever I make anything unless a recipe calls for salted butter.
- I bake at 350 until browned on top and crispy on the edges. Anywhere between 45-60 minutes. It took about 40 minutes for half the recipe.
I knew Grumpy would not touch this for two reason. It is called Cottage Cheese Loaf and its “vegetarian”. Even if I called it vegetarian loaf he wouldn’t eat it. He’s all about meat and potatoes!
I am submitting this to the Family Recipes Event. This event is hosted by myself, Laura of The Spiced Life and Lynda of Lynda’s Recipe Box. Please send your recipes to me at grumpyshoneybunch at yahoo dot com. To view the guidelines for this event click HERE.