Grumpy’s Boredom

What does your husband do when he gets bored?  Let me tell you what Grumpy does …. or did, on Sunday.

What do you think of that photo above?  (other than the glare from the light! lol) Well, I sure wish I had a before photo.

Sunday after I made our donuts for breakfast, Grumpy came out in the kitchen and started to pester me.  I was still in my pj’s, had finished frosting the donuts and was getting ready to wash up some dishes.  Well, he was bored and when Grumpy gets bored…..I get attention.  ha ha.  I guess I shouldn’t complain about that because any other time I’m wanting his attention and he’s glued to the Outdoor channel.  So, Grumpy comes out and pokes me in the side, leans over me, wants to know what I’m doing, what I’m making, and just plain pestering me when I’m trying to get things put together so I can take photos of my donuts.  Then he starts suggesting how we can reorganize our cupboards and make more room, get rid of some things we never use.  He had suggestions about how to rearrange some of our pots and pans to make more room.  (we have this house with really low ceilings and therefore, our cupboard space and under counter space is limited to what we can put in and on them).  So, we start moving around pots and pans and taking things I never use, cleaning them up and putting them in a box for Chris (if he wants them).  What started out as arranging my pots and pans, turned into a four hour chore that ended up with cupboards like you see above.  BTW, Grumpy is the one who put those cans in place.  The only thing that makes it not totally OCD is that you can see it didn’t matter to him if the labels were all facing front!

So, tell me now….does your husband do this to you?  Or does he have something else he does that turns into a chore ends up not being a BAD thing?  I have to admit.  I’m pretty lucky to have someone like Grumpy – someone who’s organized and likes order.  I’m like that myself, but it helps to have someone else help out when you get in a rut and I admit, Grumpy sure is better at it than I am.  The apple didn’t fall too far from the tree either because his daddy isn’t much different.  As a matter of fact, the joke around here is their nicknames at times are “Martha” and “Martha 2”.  They have a knack for decorating and wanting things in order.  Guess that “ain’t” a bad thing!

Comments

tell him he's hired to do mine next, and its warmer here!!!! nice job grumpy wish my cupboard looked that good. I usually buy something twice cant find it!! lol hope he's feeling better as well :)

Does he want to come and do my cupboards? LOL! I actually prefer that my husband not organize my kitchen because then I can't find ANYTHING! He doesn't agree with my system, but it works for me (and I do most of the cooking). :)

Way to go Grumpy!! Last year, the Handyman cleaned out my freezer and found about 10 different packages of various baking "chips". He set them on the counter for me to see…he didn't put them back. so kudoes to Grumpy for putting it all back.
    And it looks so GOOD.

That is so nice! It is something less you have to worry about now! I'm so OCD about the kitchen and making sure everything is in place, if my future husband is more OCD about it then me, then I'm set, but if not I don't mind organizing. I like being domestic 😉

My ex-husband did this – and that is why he is my ex-husband. My second husband and hopefully last knows to leave MY kitchen alone. But I have to say Grumpy did a nice job.

Never in a million years would my husband do this, you are so damn lucky…at first my eyes deceived me and I thought it said Grumpy's Bedroom which made me laugh out loud.

Grumpy did a great job organizing those cupboards. My husband is a cleaner and organizer. I'm also an organizer but I'll pass on cleaning when I can and let him do it :)

8. Deanna says

Wow, lucky you! From the comments, most husband's wouldn't even think to do that, including mine. But that's ok, 'cuz then I wouldn't be able to find anything. ha.

I'll admit that there are times that I wish my hubby had a little OCD in him, but then I realize that there isn't room for two OCD'ers in the same house…LOL

Looks good! Unfortunately, I'm the one doing the getting rid of things lately and my husband's wants to know what I did with this or what I did with that. Finally I told him it's my kitchen and everything in it is mine and if I want to get rid of it I can. So now he's started putting his name on things I can't get rid of. LOL

11. Anonymous says

OMG!! I am so excited to find someone who has a husband that does the same thing. I just had back surgery and am not suppose to leave the bed (suppose to don't you love that phrase). Thursday was his day off and I hear all this strange noise so I grunt myself up and walk out to the kitchen and see him in the middle of the floor with cans and boxes all around. If I was not in such pain I would have taken a picture. Instead I sreamed "what are you doing". Just so I can watch him jump and went back to bed.
    Wendy

I'm laughing quite hard because my hubs pesters the living daylights out of me when he is bored. I call him Ralph (his grandpa) because he pestered poor Velma (grandma) all the time. It was sweet that after all that time she would just slap his hand away and then smile at him. Dude would not rearrange, but would probably stand there and point to where I should put things. Oh, there have been times I've told HIM where to put things….

Ole Sweetie-Pi can be like a yippy little dog at my heels, and if he becomes inspired to organize, clean, whatever, then he wants me to stop what I'm doing regardless of what I'm doing or have planned to go and help him.

This is why I buy him video games.