I came across the blog My Kitchen Snippets quite some time ago. The Honey Sesame Chicken sound like something that Grumpy would eat at home so finally, this week I got to making it! I am finding this type of cooking really supper easy...another reason I keep making it!
Grumpy enjoyed this meal very much. I did do cheaters fried rice and eggrolls...I was beat and didn't even want to cook dinner, but the decision to make it was made when Grumpy said he was hungry. I enjoyed it but I like my Chinese food more spicy (like last nights!). However, this is a keeper as it is variety and Grumpy liked it!
Honey Sesame ChickenPublished 04/10/2010
Bits of deep fried chicken pieces coated with a honey sesame glaze
- 12 oz. chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- t tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce, wine, sesame oil and sugar for about an hour. Mix flour and cornstarch and place in a large ziploc bag. Drain chicken and add to flour mixture. Shake gently to coat. Fry in hot oil (350 degrees) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.To make sauce, mix chili sauce, ketchup, honey, oyster sauce, soy, sauce and water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil then simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Toss sauce with chicken pieces, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Asian food, Chicken, Honey, Sesame
Other Asian recipes you may enjoy:
Spicy Orange Chicken from Flavor Mosiac
Quick and Easy Asian Dumpling Soup from Renees Kitchen Adventure
Better than Takeway Beef Broccoli from Anyonita Nibbles
Sweet Asian Chicken from Our Life Tastes Good