Bambi’s Peanut Butter Cookies – a Family Recipe

I am really excited this month to share a family recipe with you.  For the first time ever I am going to get to share a recipe that is from a family member on my Dad’s side of the family! Facebook has been something I don’t regret getting into!  It has put me in touch with family I never got to see on a regular basis.  If you ask me, that makes it a real good thing!
Just a little while ago I posted about a peanut butter cookie recipe that I like to make that is from a 70’s cookbook.  I also mentioned that my cousin Nichole (on my mom’s side of the family) told me that the cookie recipe I posted was a family favorite of theirs.  Her mention of the cookie made me want to make it again (which I did!).

I posted about the recipe and when the post went up, my cousin Cheryl told me about a recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies that her daughter Bambi makes.  Bambi, whom I have never met – but seen photos of,  really resembles me, just a much younger me!  The first time I saw her photo I thought I was looking in a magic mirror.  Only because I was young again.   ;o) Cheryl’s dad and my dad are brothers.  The only boys in their family!   This is the family where I have all those Christmas Eve gathering memories of that I hold dear to my heart.    I finally made Bambi’s recipe today.  Like Cheryl, I have to be in a peanut butter cookie mood in order to eat them.  They are very good!  It is good to know a recipe like this is so good and now I have a recipe I can make for my friends who cannot eat gluten!

I will be submitting this to Lynda of Lynda’s Recipe Box for our Family Recipes Event.  This event was started by Laura of The Spiced Life and myself last April.  I can’t believe it has been a whole year already of Family Recipes!  In the last few month’s Laura has had to take a break from the event but Lynda and I will be carrying on as long as there is interest and people want to submit!  Family Recipes are very special to most people and it has a lot of meaning and feeling behind the making of these recipes.  This is the heart of our event.  The memories that the recipe evokes and the love behind it all.

Bambi’s Peanut Butter Cookies

1- cup of peanut butter
1- cup of light brown sugar
1-egg
dash of cinnamon and vanilla(for taste)
(you can add peanut butter chips and or milk chocolate chips)or leave plain…

Mix all together with electric mixer.  Scoop with small cookie scoop onto baking sheet and flatten with a glass bottom dipped in sugar.  Bake 350 till sides are set, approximately 8 minutes.

Comments

Hubby LOVES PB cookies, and I really am going to have to try flourless peanut butter cookies at some point–I've seen the recipe before, and some people swear by it. Did Grumpy like them?

I agree with you on the Facebook thing. Wow, I could never imagined getting back in touch with friends from high school and staying more in touch with family members, i.e. nieces and nephews and getting to know them better. This recipe looks amazing and no flour? Wow! PBCs are our favorite and this one is next on the cookie-making list! Great post!

I haven't had peanut butter cookies for so long – these look perfect!

That shrimp dish down below is calling my name…yum!

How fun for you to be able to connect with so many family members. Food really does have a way of bringing people together. I'm really curious to try this recipe – I'm guessing that it's addictive.

Years ago a friend at church made these cookies and I asked her for the recipe. When I read it and saw no flour I told her she had left something out of the recipe! I had never imagined that would not have flour!

They are the best peanut butter cookies ever!

This is my daughters favorite cookie recipe but we use white sugar. I'll (she'll) have to try it with the brown sugar. That sounds way better!

There is nothing better to me than a really good peanut butter cookie, as they are my favorite. My gram used to make something like this. Brings back memories. I'll have to make these!

8. Bambi says

Thanks for posting Shelby:) These cookies are like eating baked PB fudge! It is very nice to have gotten to know you and I still am in shock everytime I see your picture how we resemble each other and to top it off our shared love of food:)