If you are enjoying the recipe round ups and would like to join in on the contest fun you can fill out the form to the right to join my E-recipe newsletter!
Day four of the contest round up brings us this recipe from Lisa. When Lisa sent this she told me that she came across this recipe online but wasn't sure where she saw it anymore. I understand that - happens to me too often! That is where Delicious has come in handy for me now :o) She told me that she loves to make it for breakfast and when she made it for her in-laws they loved it!
This recipe is very easy to scale down to one person, has great vegetables in it that are good for you (like spinach, tomatoes & red peppers), and was pretty quick to throw together. Fallon made this recipe before I did and she suggested toasting the muffin a little before making it - which is what I did because I too like my muffins on the crispier side.
Because Lisa doesn't have a blog and didn't remember where she had gotten the recipe from I will leave you with it below and maybe you would like to try this out too! We have 2 more savory and 1 more sweet to share with you. Come back Thursday to see which recipes are the winners!
Fallon also made this recipe and you can check out her version on her blog by clicking HERE.
this recipe is easily adaptable to veggies of your choice and to scaling down for just one person.
3 whole English Muffins, split
2 c. fresh Spinach, cleaned
1 small tomato, diced
1/3 c. fresh Sweet Red Pepper, diced
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 clove of Garlic, minced
2-3 slices of bacon, crispy fried
3 eggs, scrambled
1 TBL EVOO, (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese or any white cheese
Salt and freshly ground Pepper
Tad of Hot Hungarian Paprika, Basil or Tarragon
1. Break up the Crispy Bacon into 1/2" pieces
2. In a skillet heat the oil. Add spinach, bacon, garlic, sweet pepper, tomato, onions, Paprika and Tarragon or Basil and saute until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach mixture and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, scramble the eggs until just fluffy. Set aside.
To assemble the Breakfast Bruschetta:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the split muffins on the sheet.
2. Put 2-3 TBL of Spinach mix on each English Muffin
3. Place 2 TBL of Scrambled Eggs on top of Spinach.
4. Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella
5. Pop the baking sheet under the Broiler until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.