- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup International Delight Sugar-Free French Vanilla Creamer
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- Juice of one large lemon
- grated rind of lemon
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar (more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour until crumbly. Make a well in the center and pour in the creamer and milk. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overmix the dough. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Take care not to mash or bruise the blueberries
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured baking stone , forming circle. If your dough was wet like mine you may need to use more flour to prevent sticking. Cut into 8 pieces (like you would a pie) and carefully separate scones so they do not touch. Brush the tops with a little of the creamer . Bake for 15 to 20 minutes Let the scones cool slightly before you apply the glaze.
- To make the glaze, mix the juice, rind and powdered sugar together. I added 1/4 cup of sugar at a time until the glaze was a good consistency to drizzle over the scones.
**The leftover glaze is delicious drizzled over a fresh fruit salad!