Caesar Salad with Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp is a light and delicious weeknight dinner that is quick and easy to throw on the table! Peppery and Sweet bites of grilled shrimp with the smoky grilled flavor are the highlight of this dish!
One thing I love about the heat? We eat light. Dinner is usually simple, quick and doesn’t heat my kitchen up. Ever since I had a Caesar Salad at 1844 House – with the delicious homemade Caesar Salad Dressing, I had had the urge to try making my own. Great places with great food/menus do that to me. Mainly because you can’t out every day!
One of our favorite seafoods to cook at home is shrimp. It is easy, fast and yummy! I used Ellie Krieger’s recipe for Grilled Shrimp – very basic and very delicious! The Caesar Dressing is from Gourmet and what I love about it is I don’t have to worry about coddling an egg (and getting queasy).
Caesar Salad with Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Serves: 4 servings
Mayonnaise Caesar Salad Dressing-adapted from Gourmet Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp-from Ellie Krieger @ The Food Network
- For the Shrimp:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- For the Salad Dressing:
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (I use the microplane zester for a fine shred)
- Pepper to taste
- For the Shrimp: Toss shrimp with salt, pepper and olive oil. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp is pink. Remove from grill and toss with lemon juice.
- For the Salad Dressing: Using the back of a spoon, mash the garlic and salt together to make a paste. Add the anchovy paste, dijon mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk in mayonnaise until blended then stir in Parmesan Cheese. Add pepper to your own taste.