Why don't you stop by the rest of the Cooking Light Virtual Supperclub Members to see what they cooked up and before you leave maybe you would like to share your favorite Asian meal? Feel free to leave a link if you have one!
Sandi (Whistlestop Cafe Cooking) made Asian Turkey Cabbage Cups
Val (More than Burnt Toast) brought Salt-Baked Chicken
Patsy (Food, Family and Friends) made Pork & Stir Fried Veggies in Spicy Sauce
Jamie (Mom's Cooking Club) made Udon-Beef Noodle Bowl
Ma Po Tofu
- 1 (1-pound) package reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Place a dinner plate on top of covered tofu; let stand 30 minutes. Remove plate; discard paper towels. Cut tofu slices into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and chili garlic sauce, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve tofu mixture over rice. Sprinkle with onions.