Meatballs enrobed in a thin crepe covered in your favorite pasta sauce and cheese. Meatball Crepes are something you and your kids will both enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped herbs, (basil, oregano, parsley) - we used dried and went with 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp oregano, and 1 tbsp parsley)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (we kind of forgot this in the mixture!)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato pasta sauce
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees. In large bowl, mix together beef, onion, garlic, herbs, breadcrumbs, and egg until combined. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion out the meatballs into round balls. Bake meatballs until cooked through (15-20 minutes).
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients in a food processor until smooth. (we did this the old fashioned way - by hand with a whisk!).
- Spray small non stick pan with cooking spray. Pour enough batter to make a thin layer when the pan is swirled. Cook for minute on each side, or until golden brown. Put on a plate to cool until they are ready to be filled.
- Place two meatballs in a line down the middle of the crepe (see recipe below), drizzle a little pasta sauce on top of the meatballs, roll the crepe and top with more mozzarella cheese and sauce.
PIN IT – Meatball Crepes