Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries are seasoned roasted potatoes topped with cheese, red pepper and cilantro. A delicious side dish for any meal!
It’s not often I get a craving for a potato. If you want to know how I feel about potatoes most of the time…just ask my Aunt Marlene. I’m sure she would get a kick out of telling you how she found my mashed potatoes one Christmas day – on the floor behind her garbage can. (wearing a “who me”? face!)
- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 oz finely shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine olive oil, paprika, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Toss potatoes in mixture to coat. Lay on cookie sheet and bake in oven until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and red peppers. Place back in oven for a couple of minutes to melt cheese. Prior to serving, sprinkle with cilantro.