I can always count on Dawn to have some amazing food ideas and recipes. Last night I asked my Facebook friends for different picnic side dishes than the norm. Grumpy and I are heading to the Saratoga Race Track today to attend an event sponsored by his workplace and we are to bring a dish to share.
Of course, Grumpy wants me to impress and he suggested I take something different from the normal macaroni or pasta salad. Here came Dawn to the rescue along with several other awesome ideas from other FB friends. I flew with Dawn’s because I love buffalo flavor and I have an addiction to Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Just the smell of it makes me swoon! I also wanted to spin off of Dawn’s recipe and make a pasta salad!
I made the salad first thing this morning along with a Chocolate Sheet Cake. I had to be safe and have something else ready that was tried and true just in case I messed up the salad! I can honestly say that Grumpy’s co-workers are going to get two awesome treats today. If you need a different pasta salad to take to a reunion, picnic, or just to eat at home alone, then definitely give this a try. Especially if you’re a wing fan. It’s not too spicy, has just a bit of a kick, and is different enough to impress!
If you haven’t seen Dawn’s blog, Vanilla Sugar Blog, then you should definitely take a trip over there and check it out. She always has amazing food, photos, and recipes. I also have to say she has recipes that are out of the ordinary that will blow you away and make you think “why didn’t I think of that?”. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.
- 8 oz dried rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, including green top
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (use according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper brine (the juice the peppers are in)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Mix pasta, celery, onion, roasted red pepper and chicken in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together Mayonnaise, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper brine and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. I went with 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce as I would be feeding others and I didn’t want to hurt anyone. Turned out perfect.
- Toss mayo mixture with pasta mixture and chill. Enjoy!
BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD – PIN IT!