Its so hot. I’m not complaining….I’m just sayin’…..it’s SO hot. 😉 Seriously, I don’t mind the heat. Maybe its because I sit in air conditioning all day at work and even when I work out at the gym its air conditioned. I can come home and my house is air conditioned. So, that could be why it doesn’t bother me too much. I really don’t mind.
However, when it is hot, who really feels like heating up your kitchen any more than you have to? Not me, and I’m pretty sure not many of you. So, when my new Cooking Light magazine arrived and I saw this sandwich, I knew I had to make it. Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella….how could it not be good?
Who doesn’t like fresh? Even Grumpy said this wasn’t bad….although he didn’t eat a sandwich of his own – he just took a bite of mine. He had BLT’s the night I made this sandwich for myself. Cooking Light may have called it Summer Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Panini with Balsamic Syrup, but if you ask me it is easier to just call it a Caprese Panini. So that is what it from this point on. Much easier to say than the previous mouthful!
- 1 crusty hard roll – good for grilling
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 thick slices fresh tomato
- several leaves of fresh basil
- Balsamic syrup (you can make this but I bought it instead – much easier!)
- I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter spray
- Panini Grill
- Heat panini grill. Slice roll in half, assemble as follows:
- cheese, balsamic glaze, tomato slices, more balsamic glaze, basil – cover with top of bread.
- Spray bottom of panini grill with butter spray. Place sandwich on top of hot grill. Spray top of bun with butter spray. Close panini grill and cook until cheese starts to melt and bread is toasted. Enjoy!
- [img src=”http://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/label-8-184×300.png” width=”184″ height=”300″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”label (8)”]