I am not sure why and it confuses me, but I have been wanting to eat eggs in the morning more often. Quiche is really appealing to me a lot lately too and I’ll probably be making one of those soon! I went for so many years not wanting to ever touch an egg because the thought of doing so made my stomach turn. The nutrition label that I was reading for an egg has me convinced that they really aren’t all that bad and I should probably eat more since my body is in need of the nutrients it provides.
I went back to one of my trusty sources for recipes (http://www.allrecipes.com) and did a baked egg search. I found a very basic recipe and decided to start with that and put some add-ins that would give it some more yumminess. I served some of Mom and Dad’s homemade salsa alongside my baked egg and think this would be a great meal to pre-bake and freeze so that it would be handy to take to work with me!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp diced green onion, including tops (set tops aside for garnish)
- 1 Weight Watcher’s Jalapeno Cheese Wedge, diced
- 3 slices microwaveable bacon
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk two eggs until well blended. Add pepper, onion and diced cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray 2 cups in muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Line cup with 1-1/2 slices bacon. I use the pre-cooked bacon that you microwave to complete the cooking. It is already soft and since its pre-cooked you don’t need to do anything but line the baking cup with it.
- Divide egg mixture up between muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until egg is puffed up and no longer jiggles when you tap the muffin pan.
- Carefully remove from muffin tin – you will need to slide a knife around the edge of the egg cup and pull inwards slightly with the knife to release the egg from the sides and bottom of the pay. Once it is loosened you can easily tip it upside down and let the egg cup fall into your hand then place on your plate. Garnish with green onion tops and salsa.